|Birthname||Jonathan Harshman Winters III|
|born on||11 November 1925 at 20:23 (= 8:23 PM )|
|Place||Dayton, Ohio, 39n46, 84w12|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°11' 27°39 Asc. 20°11'|
American comedian, a master of mimicry. He cut his teeth on Arthur Godfrey's "Talent Scouts," which led to regular appearances on the "Jack Paar Show" and many TV specials. He hosted an entertainment special called "Holiday On Ice" in the '60s and had his own TV series from 1956-1970. In 1991, he won an Emmy for his TV special, "Davis Rules."
His films include "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World," 1963 and "The Russians Are Coming!," 1966. More recently, he was in "The Flintstones" and "Moon Over Parador."
As a kid, Winters dreamed of becoming a commercial artist, even though he already showed a gift for mimicry at home. One day, though, he lost his watch. He did not have the money to buy another, but there was a local talent show that was offering a first prize of a watch. Winters entered, won the watch and decided to stay in show biz. At age 23, he went to New York to work in nightclubs with an impressions act. He began to evolve and polish his own characters.
Winters married Eileen in 1948 and has two kids, declaring that no man could have a better wife, one who has brought laughter and loyalty to their marriage. They allow each other the space that they both need.
In May 1959, he had a mental breakdown and spent eight weeks in a private sanitarium, making a healthy recovery from overwork and stress.
In 2000, at age 75 Winters writes, acts and paints. He is a visible performer on commercials, adding warmth and hilarity to his versatile characters, and recently did the voice-over in the film "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle."
- Relationship : Marriage 1948 (Two kids)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1956 (TV series)
- Work : End Major Project 1970 (TV series)
- Work : Prize 1991 (Emmy for Davis Rules)
Bob Jansky quotes him. Same in Contemporary Sidereal Horoscopes, Gauquelin Book of American Charts)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown (Institutionalized)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1948)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (14 years with TV series)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Sells his paintings)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Holiday On Ice and others)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Own Series)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book