|Birthname||Vanessa Lynn Williams|
|born on||18 March 1963 at 11:28 (= 11:28 AM )|
|Place||Millwood, New York, 41n12, 73w48|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°21' 29°25 Asc. 09°46'|
American actress, singer and beauty contest winner. In the spring of 1983 she entered a Miss New York contest then the following year on to the Miss America contest. A gorgeous woman with brown hair and flashing green eyes, she won, the first black Miss America. When Penthouse magazine published pictures of her nude, she was deposed .
Raised in the middle-class suburbs, she was the daughter of parents who were both music teachers. After her beauty contest debacle, she moved to Los Angeles to establish herself as a singer and actress. Williams met publicist Ramon Hervey II prior to her last press conference as the former Miss America, 7/23/1984. He helped her rebuild her shattered career with an '88 hit album, "The Right Stuff." In 1987 she sold her talent to a record producer who put out an LP and she had a big hit single, "Save the Best for Last,"1992. Since then she has won ten Grammy nomination and has played in TV movies and films.
By 1994 she was starring on Broadway in "Kiss of the Spider Woman" and did an admirable turn opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in the thriller, "Eraser," 1996.
She received an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture for her portrayal of Teri Joseph in the film Soul Food (1997). Her best known television roles are that of Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty (2006–10), for which she was nominated 3 times for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, and Renee Perry on Desperate Housewives (2010–12).
Engaged in October 1986 to Hervey, they married on 1/10/1987; they had three kids and she is a devoted mom. They divorced in February 1996 and make every effort to remain cordial for the sake of the kids. In 1996 she met screenwriter Chris Solinine, 34, in Turkey on the set of "The Odyssey," and they soon became a couple. Williams married Rick Fox, the forward for the L.A. Lakers, 9/26/1999 in a Manhattan church. They both enjoyed secretive smiles, knowing that they had been married this summer on an undisclosed Caribbean Island, that no one had known about. Her two daughters by Hervey served as flower girls, her son Devin and Fox's son, Kyle, from a previous relationship, acted as ring bearers. On 5/01/2000, she and Fox had a daughter, Sasha, New York City. They divorced in 2004. In 2015, Williams married Jim Skrip, a businessman from Buffalo, New York.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Desperate Housewives (born 3 October 2004). Notes: Played Renee Perry, 2010-2012
- parent->child relationship with Hervey, Jillian (born 19 June 1989)
- parent->child relationship with Hervey, Melanie Lynne (born 30 June 1987)
- sibling relationship with Williams, Chris (born 2 November 1967)
- Work : Prize 1983 (Miss New York beauty contestant)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1987 (Release of first album)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Hit single "Save the Best For Last")
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1996 (From Ramon)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1996 (Met Chris Solimine)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 26 September 1997 (Release of movie "Soul Food")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 26 September 1999 at 12:00 noon in Manhatten, NY (Second marriage, Rick Fox)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Romy Ransome quotes her, an inquiry when Williams was a beauty contest winner.
(Aqil in AA 6/1993 gave 10:30 AM as "published information. Her mother is a native of the town where I live." LMR wrote to Aqil in 9/1993 for elucidation; no reply.")
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Race (African-American)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One step-son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Miss N.Y. and Miss America)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Playboy centerfold)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (performances and theatre)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Beauty contestant winner and Emmy nominations)