|Birthname||Robert Glen Wharton|
|born on||13 December 1935 at 10:40 (= 10:40 AM )|
|Place||Lipan, Texas, 32n31, 98w03|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°45' 03°58 Asc. 08°59'|
American football guard who played professionally in the newly formed American Football League (AFL) for the Houston Oilers (1960-1964) during the first four years of the club's existence, including the 1960 Houston Oilers team that won the first AFL championship. He was cut by the Oilers in September 1964.
He previously attended the University of Houston where he played college football at the tackle position for the Houston Cougars football team from 1956 to 1958. He was named lineman of the year in the Missouri Valley Conference in 1957, and the following year he was selected by the American Football Coaches Association as a first-team tackle on its 1958 College Football All-America Team.
Wharton died on 8 October 2008, age 72, in Sugar Land, Texas.
- associate relationship with Allen, Dalva (born 13 January 1935). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1960-1961
- associate relationship with Groman, Bill (born 17 July 1936). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1960-1962
- associate relationship with Hall, Kenneth (born 13 December 1935). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1960-1961
- associate relationship with Meredith, Dudley (born 16 January 1935). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1963
- associate relationship with Nix, Doyle (born 30 May 1933). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1961
- associate relationship with Spence, Julian (born 5 May 1929). Notes: Houston Oilers teammates, 1960-1961
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 6 ft 2 in/ 1.88 m)
- Traits : Body : Weight (250 lb/ 113 kg)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football tackle, guard)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (AFL player, 1960-1964)