Weber, Carl Maria von
|Birthname||Weber, Carl Maria Friedrich Ernst von|
|born on||18 November 1786 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Eutin, Germany, 54n08, 10e37|
|Timezone||LMT m10e37 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°47' 05°13 Asc. 23°08'|
German composer who is chiefly remembered for his operas. The son of Franz Anton von Weber, the musical director of Lubeck theatre, he was widely traveled as a youth, studying under Michael Haydn in 1798, and writing his first opera at the age of thirteen.
He became the conductor at Breslau 1804, the first of many such appointments, culminating in directorship of German Opera at Dresden. His instrumental compositions include pieces for piano, songs, overtures, chamber music, cantatas and two Masses. Some of his more noted works included "Der Freischutz," 1821, which has maintained its popularity in Germany, and overtures to "Euryanthe," 1823 and "Oberon," 1826. Weber, through his career, was also able to influence other composers, including Richard Wagner, Hector Berlioz and others.
Weber married the soubrette Caroline Brandt in 1817. He died on 5 June 1826, London, England.
- associate relationship with Jähns, Friedrich Wilhelm (born 2 January 1809)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Eugen, Duke of Württemberg (1758) (born 21 November 1758)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1798 (Studied under Haydn)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1799 (Wrote his first opera, age 13)
- Work : New Job 1804 (Conductor at Breslau)
- Relationship : Marriage 1817 (Caroline Brandt)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 18 June 1821 at 6:00 PM in Berlin (Noted composition "Der Freischutz" (first time played))
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Modern Astrology 11/1939 quotes his biography "Carl Maria Von Weber." November 18 on the B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher. He was baptised on 11/28/1786. In 2004, Sy Scholfield provided same data from the biography by John Warrack, "Carl von Weber" (London: Hamish Hamilton, 1968) , p. 29, which quotes the baptismal register.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (First married at 17)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Operas)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer (Operas, piano concertos, cantatas, chamber music and Masses)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection