Vietti, Teresa J.
|Birthname||Teresa Jane Vietti|
|born on||5 November 1927 at 12:10 (= 12:10 PM )|
|Place||Fort Worth, Texas, 32n44, 97w19|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°20' 22°48 Asc. 22°39'|
American physician, known as "the mother of pediatric cancer therapy," whose research discovered the genetics of leukemia, new chemotherapy agents and tracked the effects of chemotherapy on childhood cancer survivors. Vietti also wrote about her research and was an editor of the Journal of Pediatric Hematology and a co-editor of Clinical Pediatric Oncology. She published more than 200 peer-reviewed articles and was known to remove her name from some studies so that younger researchers would get greater exposure for their work. Vietti co-authored Clinical Pediatric Oncology (1973). Vietti died on 25 January 2010, aged 82.
- sibling relationship with Vietti, Eleanor Ardel (born 5 November 1927). Notes: Twin sisters
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twin sisters)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Medical)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Genetics of leukemia, etc)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession ("Mother of pediatric cancer therapy")