Victor Amadeus, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg
|born on||2 September 1779 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Rotenburg/Fulda, Germany, 50n59, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°55' 27°03 Asc. 08°56'|
German nobleman as the last Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg and also the Prince of Corvey from 1815 and Duke of Ratibor from 1821. His namesake was his second cousin King Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia.
Victor Amadeus was the son of Karl Emanuel of Hesse-Rotenburg (1746–1812) and his wife Leopoldina of Liechtenstein (1754–1823), daughter of Prince Franz Josef I.
He married three times and his only child was a stillborn daughter.
He died on 12 November 1834, aged 55, in Racibórz.
- child->parent relationship with Karl Emanuel, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg (born 5 June 1746)
- other kin relationship with Vittorio Amedeo III, King of Sardinia (born 26 June 1726). Notes: Second cousins
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Hollandsche historische courant," 14 September 1779, p. 1: "ROTHENBURG op de FULDA den 3 September. Gifteren namiddag , om 4. uur, is Haare Doorl. Hoogheid , Mevrouwe de Land-Gravinne van Heffen-Rheinfels, gebooren Prinfeffe van Lichtenßein, na agt jaaren gehuwd geweeft te zyn, voor de eerftemaal zeer voorfpoedig van een Phins in het Kraambedde bevallen , die de naamen van Victor Amadeus gekreegen heeft."
(ROTENBURG, 3 September: Yesterday afternoon at 4 o'clock Her Royal Highness, Landgravine of Hesse-Rhinefels, born Princess of Lichtenstein, eight years after being married, for the very first time gave birth to a Prince, who was named Victor Amadeus).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none (One stillborn)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Kassel)