|born on||17 April 1919 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Heredia, Costa Rica, 10n0, 84w07|
|Timezone||LST m84w05 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°06' 27°54 Asc. 05°22'|
Costa Rica-born Mexican singer, especially known for her rendition of Mexican rancheras, but also recognized for her contribution to other genres of popular Latin American music. She was an influential interpreter in the Americas and Europe, muse to figures such as Pedro Almodóvar, hailed for her haunting performances, and called "la voz áspera de la ternura", the rough voice of tenderness. The Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, presented her with a Latin GRAMMY Statuette in 2007 after receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of that organization.
At age 81, she publicly came out as lesbian in her autobiography titled And If You Want to Know about My Past. But it wasn't really a surprise to her fans. For years Vargas refused to change the genders in her songs. In "Paloma Negra" ("Black Dove"), Vargas accuses a woman of partying all night long and breaking her heart.
Chavela Vargas had been hospitalized for several weeks as a result of respiratory problems before she died in Cuernavaca, Mexico on 5 August 2012, aged 93.
- friend relationship with Jimenez, Jose Alfredo (born 19 January 1926)
- friend relationship with Kahlo, Frida (born 6 July 1907)
- friend relationship with Lara, Agustín (born 30 October 1897)
- friend relationship with Rivera, Diego (born 8 December 1886)
- friend relationship with Rulfo, Juan (born 16 May 1917)
- compare to chart of Almodóvar, Pedro (born 24 September 1951)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2002 (Autobiography, "And If You Want to Know about My Past")
Eduardo Castellanos quotes BC in https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74292393/Cartas%20Natales%20Iberoamericanas/ Partida%20de%20nacimiento%20de%20Chavela%20Vargas.png
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Passions : Sexuality : Transvestite (Female-to-male cross-dresser)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 93)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("And If You Want to Know about My Past")
- Notable : Awards : Grammy