Umberto II, King of Italy
|born on||15 September 1904 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Racconigi, Italy, 44n46, 7e46|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°36' 13°56 Asc. 27°51'|
Italian royalty who, as the King of Italy reigned for 35 days, was exiled by popular vote in 1946 to Switzerland and not allowed to return home to die.
He was married to Princess Marie Jose on 8 January 1930, but they were separated in 1946.
Died of bone cancer on 18 March 1983, Geneva, Switzerland.
- parent->child relationship with Maria Beatrice, Princess of Savoy (born 2 February 1943)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Gabriella, Princess of Savoy (born 24 February 1940)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Pia, Princess of Bourbon-Parma (born 24 September 1934)
- parent->child relationship with Vittorio Emanuele, Prince of Naples (born 12 February 1937)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Emanuele III, King of Italy (born 11 November 1869)
- spouse relationship with Marie José, Princess of Belgium (born 4 August 1906)
- sibling relationship with Giovanna, Tsaritsa Consort of Bulgaria (born 13 November 1907)
- sibling relationship with Iolanda, Countess of Bergolo (born 1 June 1901)
- sibling relationship with Mafalda, Princess of Savoy (born 19 November 1902)
Luc de Marre quotes Choisnard for biography.
Sy Scholfield quotes same data in Cristina Siccardi's book, "Maria José, Umberto di Savoia: la fine degli ultimi regnanti" (2004), p. 22: "Ben alto futuro si prospettava per l'erede al trono di Casa Savoia quando cento e uno salve di artiglieria, nel secolare parco del castello di Racconigi, salutarono il principe nel giorno della sua nascita, il 15 settembre 1904. Alle ore 23 di quel giorno il dottor Morisani aveva annunziato a Vittorio Emanuele III: «Maestà, è nato un principe di Casa Savoia!»; il re era impallidito e aveva sorriso."
In 2013, Scholfield found a news report of Umberto's birth, upgrading the Rodden Rating from B to A: "HEIR TO THE THRONE OF ITALY IS BORN: Queen Helena Gives Birth to a Son at the Racconigi Palace," New York Times, 16 September 1904, p. 1: "Sept. 15.--Queen Helena was safely delivered of a son at 11 o'clock to-night at the royal palace here." Same data in "Birth of an Italian Prince," The Times (London, England), 16 Sep 1904, p. 7.
it.wikipedia gives 23:15 (mik)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Bone)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Princess Marie Jose)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Italy to Switzerland)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Italy)