Trefler, Alan N.
|born on||10 March 1956 at 17:21 (= 5:21 PM )|
|Place||Boston MA, USA, 42n21, 71w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°20' 01°08 Asc. 16°33'|
American entrepreneur, one of the new breed of young, super-rich software designers. At age 40, he was worth $674 million when his 77% ownership of Pegasystems Inc went public, July 1996.
A graduate of Brookline High School and Dartmouth College, he was a rising chess champion who showed off by taking on 40 opponents simultaneously. At 19, he tied for the World Open Championship.
Alan went into the family antique-restoring business before he started working in electronics. He started Pegasystems at 27; software that helps automate customer inquiries at banks, credit card companies, stock brokerages and mutual fund companies. His company started making profits in 1984 and made a big leap in the early '90s. Avoiding venture capital, Alan kept control himself.
Alan's wife Pamela was born 3/28/1952 in San Francisco, CA. They married on 6/28/1992 and they became Boston's best known philanthropists, giving millions each year to Boston public high schools and well as hundreds of thousands of other grants to other programs in the schools. As a teacher herself, Pam tutors pupils and buys clothes for college for those less able.
- Financial : Best Period 1984 (Company begins making profit)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Pegasystems, Inc.)
- Vocation : Computer : Programmer (Designed inquiry software)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other (Chess champion)
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Worth $674 million at age 40)
- Traits : Personality : Gregarious/Extrovert (Show-off)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Repair service (Antique restoration)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Tied for chess World Open Championship)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (He and wife give millions to education facilities)