Townsend, Kathleen Kennedy
|Birthname||Kathleen Harrington Kennedy|
|born on||4 July 1951 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Greenwich, Connecticut, 41n02, 73w38|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°16' 20°33 Asc. 10°01'|
American noted family, the first child of Robert and Ethel Kennedy and the first grandchild of Joseph and Rose Kennedy. A student activist at Harvard during the Vietnam war years, she marched on Washington, worked for McGovern in 1972, became a devout feminist, and hitchhiked alone through Greece. She married a doctoral student, David Townsend and followed him to Mexico where he was teaching. Kathleen went to law school, and on 1/31/1986, announced her candidacy for Congress, becoming the first Kennedy woman to stand for public office. Along the way, she had two kids by natural childbirth.
"I was brought up to believe that we should work hard for our family, our community and our country and that we should take every opportunity to serve," she said, expressing the best of the Kennedy ethic. In September 2002, she was waging a tough battle for the post of governor of Maryland.
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Ethel (born 11 April 1928)
- child->parent relationship with Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925)
- sibling relationship with Cuomo, Kerry Kennedy (born 8 September 1959)
- sibling relationship with Hill, Courtney Kennedy (born 9 September 1956)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Christopher (born 4 July 1963)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Joseph P. II (born 24 September 1952)
- sibling relationship with Kennedy, Rory (born 12 December 1968)
Frances McEvoy quotes Boston papers of 7/05/1951, "child born last night."
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Eleven)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Second generation Kennedy)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of 11)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney