|Birthname||Stephen Arthur Stills|
|born on||3 January 1945 at 00:15 (= 12:15 AM )|
|Place||Dallas, Texas, 32n47, 96w48|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||12°29' 06°18 Asc. 25°15'|
American musician, a vocalist for "Buffalo Springfield" before joining "Crosby, Stills and Nash" in 1968 for superstardom. After a two year separation, the group met again in 1977 for a $7 million, seven album contract with recording their own music. (Stills was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice on the same night, 5/06/1997, for his work with Buffalo Springfield and Crosby, Stills and Nash. Stills has not been the only member of the bands to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. David Crosby was inducting in 1991 as a member of the Byrd's. Neil Young, the other half of "Buffalo..," was inducted as a solo artist in 1995.
The essential rock artist of the '60s and '70s started very young, traveling back and forth between New York and Los Angeles multiple times by the time that he was in his early 20's. The legend of his beginnings claim that he was hanging out in L.A. one night with fellow singer-songwriter Richie Furay when he saw an old friend from Canada named Neil Young; he was driving in a hearse with his friend, bass player Bruce Palmer. All four of the men got together, found drummer Dewey Martin, and created "Buffalo Springfield." All good things must come to an end, as did "Buffalo Springfield." Internal battles led to the breakup of the band after three brilliant album releases. In 1968, after the breakup, Stills met with Crosby, who had left the Byrd's, as well as Nash, who was still in the Hollies, at the home of Mama Cass. After singing together, a band was born. Only the band's second gig, "Crosby, Stills and Nash" performed for half a million people at Woodstock, NY in 1969. That very same year, the band won a Grammy Award for best new artist. Around the same time as the Grammy, Neil Young joined the band, adding to the group sizzling guitar duels with Stills almost as legendary as their personal battles; Young ultimately left the band. All in all, despite solo careers, Crosby's drug addiction, and the bands roller coaster ride commercial fortunes, "Crosby, Stills, and Nash" performed together for more than 30 years.
Stills married for a third time on 5/27/1996 to Kristen Hathaway, age 30, which was her first marriage and they married in Palm Beach, FL. He has five children from his previous marriages and they had a son, Henry Owen, 10/14/1996 in Los Angeles.
On January 3, 2008 he underwent surgery in Los Angeles for prostate cancer.
- business associate/partner relationship with Crosby, David (born 14 August 1941). Notes: Band mates in CSNY
- business associate/partner relationship with Furay, Richie (born 9 May 1944). Notes: Band mates in Buffalo Springfield
- business associate/partner relationship with Nash, Graham (born 2 February 1942). Notes: Band mates in CSNY
- business associate/partner relationship with Young, Neil (born 12 November 1945). Notes: Band mates in Buffalo Springfield and CSNY
- spouse relationship with Sanson, Véronique (born 24 April 1949)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1969 at 12:00 midnight in Woodstock, NY (Second gig, Woodstock)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1977 (Group reunited)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 October 1996 (Birth of son, Henry Owen)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Linda Clark quotes him
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Prostate cancer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Group tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical groups)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Crosby, Stills and Nash, Buffalo Springfield)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Keyboard and guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Rock and Roll X2)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection