Sophie Hélène Beatrix, Princess of France
|born on||9 July 1786 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Versailles, France, 48n48, 2e08|
|Timezone||LMT m2e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°35' 28°21 Asc. 10°22'|
French princess, the daughter of Louis XVI of France and Marie Antoinette. As the daughter of a King of France, she was a Fille de France.
Sophie was the youngest of the four children of king Louis XVI and queen Marie Antoinette. She was named after her great-aunt Princess Sophie of France, Louis XV's sixth daughter, who had died four years earlier.
Sophie was born a very large baby, but her fragile health was undermined by tuberculosis. She died on 19 June 1787 in Versailles after suffering five or six days of convulsions caused by the cutting of new teeth. She was eleven months old.
Her death was a cause for much sorrow on the part of her parents. When Marie Antoinette's foster-brother, Joseph Weber, attempted to console her with the fact that given Sophie's tender age Marie Antoinette must not have grown overly attached to her, the bereaved mother is supposed to have said, "Don't forget that she would have been my friend." This was a reference to her words after the birth of Sophie's older sister in 1778.
- child->parent relationship with Louis XVI, King of France (born 23 August 1754)
- child->parent relationship with Marie Antoinette, Queen Consort (born 2 November 1755)
- sibling relationship with Louis Joseph, Dauphin of France (born 22 October 1781)
- sibling relationship with Louis XVII, King of France (born 27 March 1785)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Thérèse, Dauphine of France (born 19 December 1778)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 22 July 1786, p. 2: "am 9. d. M. Abends um halb 8 Uhr" (on the 9th of this month at 7:30 in the evening).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Tuberculosis
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 11 months)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon)