Sigismund, Prince of Prussia (1896)
|Birthname||Wilhelm Viktor Karl August Heinrich Sigismund|
|born on||27 November 1896 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Kiel, Germany, 54n20, 10e08|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°30' 24°11 Asc. 11°42'|
Prussian prince, as the second son of Prince Heinrich and his wife, Princess Irene of Hesse and by Rhine. He was a nephew of Kaiser Wilhelm II and Tsarina Alexandra of Russia. A great-grandson of Queen Victoria through both his parents, he was the only one of three brothers who did not have the hemophilia common among her descendants.
On 11 July 1919 at Hemmelmark, he married Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg (4 March 1899 – 16 February 1989), eldest daughter of Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg. They had two children.
Prior to emigrating from Europe to South America, he served as a marine officer. In 1927, Prince Sigismund and his family resettled in Costa Rica. He planned to engage in banana and coffee planting on land he owned there. They were accompanied by only a governess, as the children were still young.
Sigismund died in Puntarenas on 14 November 1978.
- child->parent relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1862) (born 14 August 1862)
- child->parent relationship with Irene, Princess of Hesse and by Rhine (born 11 July 1866)
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1900) (born 9 January 1900)
- sibling relationship with Waldemar, Prince of Prussia (1889) (born 20 March 1889)
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from Berliner Börsenzeitung, 27 Nov 1896, p. 13 ("Kiel, 27. November. (C. T. C.) Die Prinzessin Heinrich ist heute Vormittag von einem Prinzen entbunden worden"), and from Neue Hamburger Zeitung, 27 Nov 1896, p. 9 ("AuS Kiel wird gemeldet: Die Prinzessin Heinrich ist heute früh von einem Prinzen entbunden worden").
(Kiel, 27th November. (C.T.C.) Princess Heinrich was delivered this morning of a prince). A time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (59 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Marine officer)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, Prussia)