|Birthname||Samuel Shepard Rogers IV|
|born on||5 November 1943 at 15:45 (= 3:45 PM )|
|Place||Fort Sheridan, Illinois, 42n09, 87w58|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||12°34' 22°03 Asc. 25°30'|
American playwright, actor, author, screenwriter, and director, whose body of work spanned over half a century. As a dramatist he was involved in the off-Broadway revolution and won the Pulitzer Prize in 1979. By 1998, he had some 40 stage plays to his credit.
With a romantic feeling for the American landscape, he creating weird dreamlike terrains in his plays representative of the American wasteland, a place where past and present coexist.
The heroes of his writing often range as widely as his interests. His works include "Sidewinder" (1970), "Tooth Of Crime" (1972), "Angel City" (1976), and "Buried Child" (1979), the work for which he won the Pulitzer Prize.
Very private, an elusive personality, he himself is as mysterious as his writing. To many, he is better known for his role as an actor, appearing in about 20 movies which include "The Right Stuff."
Shepard is an ex-heroin junky. He and Jessica Lange were companions; two kids. Also one son from a previous relationship.
Shepard died on 27 July 2017 at his home in Kentucky, aged 73, from complications due to ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).
- lover relationship with Lange, Jessica (born 20 April 1949). Notes: 1982-2009
- other associate with Harrell, James N. (born 3 September 1918). Notes: film co-workers
- Work : Prize 1979 (Pulitzer Prize for drama)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
(Formerly, Joe Fitzgerald had 3:00 PM "acc to Notable Chronicles. He stated on p.52 that a girlfriend wanted to do his chart so he wrote to the hospital for the time. He added that he had verification from other sources that it was 2:47 AM, in the wee hours of the braying morning.")
Illinois law, which requires birth time registration as CST, is assumed as not applied. American Atlas, 5th edition, states on page 116: .. except during World War II when CWT was recorded officially.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Lou Gehrig's disease
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Phobias (Fear of flying)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (26 years with Jessica Lange)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jessica Lange, unmarried)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize (Drama)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection