|Birthname||Shaw, David Melvin|
|born on||3 April 1962 at 06:36 (= 06:36 AM )|
|Place||Calgary, Canada, 51n03, 114w05|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°19' 25°32 Asc. 25°43'|
Canadian musician, a guitarist, singer and songwriter. A member of the "Boomerang Gang," Shark first appeared in the London Scene in a self-promoted show in Kensington on 4/01/1984. The group was comprised of Mike Ansell (bass), Mickey Sparrow (drums),
Simon Scardanelli (keyboards), Mike "Milton" McDonald (guitar) and Dave "Shark" Shaw (vocals). Both Milton and Shark left the band in late '86. By 1988, he was a partner with Simon Tedd in "Big Bam Boo" and a member of the traditional folk-style band, "The Wild Colonials" in 1992.
At the age of 12, Shark began taking guitar lessons under the guidance of a "little old lady" in a music shop. The lessons, however, did nothing except dampen his enthusiasm for the instrument, and he put his guitar aside in favor of the drums. Several years later, he picked up his guitar once again and taught himself to play.
Shark performed with a number of bands before moving to Los Angeles. Shortly after his arrival in early 1992, his friend Angela McCluskey organized a musical get-together in a local Irish pub, primarily as a showcase for Shark’s talents. This gathering evolved into a regular gig for the musicians and eventually led to the formation of "The Wild Colonials." "Fruit of Life," 1994, and "This Can’t Be Life," 1996, were both well received, and the group was the second stage headliner at the Lilith Fair in 1997. In early 2000, they released "Reel Life, Volume 1." He also writes movie soundtracks.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1978 (Guitar lessons)
- Social : Joined group 1988 (Band member with "Big Bam Boo")
- Social : Joined group 1992 (Joined "The Wild Colonials")
- Social : Joined group 1996 ("This Can’t Be Life")
- Social : Joined group 1994 ("Fruit of Life")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Released CD)
Steinbrecher quotes Ian Bernard, from Shark (His website gives Toronto as his place of birth)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, drums)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Four groups)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer (Writer and music sound tracks)