|born on||20 June 1872 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 50n07, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°03' 12°59 Asc. 29°56'|
German composer, conductor, pianist and pedagogue, who was the third Kapellmeister at the Stadttheater in Mainz from 1894 to 1895. In 1896 he became a teacher at the Hoch'sche Konservatorium in Frankfurt am Main; here he started the first jazz class anywhere in 1928. He was the director of the Hoch'sche Konservatorium from 1923 to 1933. He was one of the first German Jewish academics to lose his job when Hitler came to power in Germany. He died in his native Frankfurt am Main on 8 December 1934, aged 62.
- (has as) student relationship with Adorno, Theodor (born 11 September 1903)
- (has as) student relationship with Gerster, Ottmar (born 29 June 1897)
- (has as) student relationship with Heiss, Hermann (born 29 December 1897)
- (has as) student relationship with Hindemith, Paul (born 16 November 1895)
- (has as) student relationship with Rosbaud, Hans (born 22 July 1895)
- (has as) student relationship with Scott, Cyril Meir (born 27 September 1879)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Hesse Archives. Wikipedia has 20 March 1872 in error.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Pianist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher