Scott, Cyril Meir
|born on||27 September 1879 at 03:58 (= 03:58 AM )|
|Place||Oxton, England, 53n23, 3w03|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°40' 26°23 Asc. 10°47'|
British composer, poet, author and occultist, internationally famous. He published many songs and works for piano and violin.
Scott was called the "Father of modern British music" by Eugene Goossens, and was also appreciated by Claude Debussy, Maurice Ravel, his close friend Percy Grainger, Richard Strauss and Igor Stravinsky.
Scott became interested in the occult and wrote on that subject as well as music, health and medicine, a wide variety of subjects. It started after he met in 1902 the pianist Evelyn Suart ((30 April 1881 – 26 October 1950), who was also a Christian Scientist interested in metaphysics. In 1910, Evelyn Suart married Gerald Gould, an Irish-born civil servant. Scott dedicated his Scherzo, Op. 25 to Evelyn Suart. Suart's daughter Diana Gould was a noted ballerina and the second wife of Yehudi Menuhin.
Scott married the novelist Rose Laure Allatini (23 January 1890, Vienna, Austria - 1980, Hastings) on May 11, 1921 in London. After her novel "Despised and Rejected" (as A. T. Fitzroy, 1918), she became member of the Bloomsbury Group. They got two children Vivian Mary (17 Jan 1923, Worthing, Sussex - ?) and Desmond Cyrill (10 December 1926. Londin). They divorced in 1941 and Allatini, thereafter shared a home in Rye with Melanie Mills. His son Desmond Scott married the actress Corinne Langston and got his grandchildren Amanta Cecilia (18 May 1963, Toronto) and Dominic Daniel (15 May 1966, Toronto). Desmond worked as actor, director and sculptor in Canada.
He died on 31 December 1970 in Eastbourne, England.
- friend relationship with George, Stefan Anton (born 12 July 1868). Notes: helped him with 1th symphony and to become an artist
- (has as) teacher relationship with Besant, Annie (born 1 October 1847). Notes: became theosophist after a lecture of Besant in 1914
- (has as) benefactor relationship with George, Stefan Anton (born 12 July 1868). Notes: helped him to become an artist.
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Baudelaire, Charles (born 9 April 1821). Notes: English translator of Charles Baudelaire
- Death of Significant person 3 February 1941 in London (Cousin Flora Allatini (born 1895 , London))
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Ralph Kraum in AO-Science Spring/1943, data from "He stated that he had Virgo rising in his book "Doctors, disease and Health."
Sy Scholfield notes that Scott writes "that in my horoscope I have Virgo rising" in his book, "Bone of contention: life story and confessions" (Aquarian, 1969), p. 19.
Svi: Koppejan gives 27 Sept 1879 4:05 AM Oxton in Beeldgids van de Dierenriem.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Translator (Baudelaire)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection