|born on||7 April 1945 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Georgenthal, Germany, 50n49, 10e40|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°57' 03°23 Asc. 03°31'|
German film director, screenwriter, and opera director known for his stylistic excess. Schroeter has been cited by his friend Rainer Werner Fassbinder as a personal influence and on German cinema at large. In the 1960s, Schroeter worked with Rosa von Praunheim, who is also gay. Although mainly known for elaborate and excessively camp fables, Schroeter also made some hard-hitting documentaries. He died on 12 April 2010, aged 65, in Hesse, Germany.
- business associate/partner relationship with Praunheim, Rosa von (born 25 November 1942)
- friend relationship with Fassbinder, Rainer Werner (born 31 May 1945)
Sy Scholfield quotes his autobiography "Tage im Dämmer, Nächte im Rausch: Autobiographie" by Werner Schroeter (Aufbau Verlag GmbH, 2011), p. 248: "Er wurde am 7. April 1955 um 5.30 Uhr am Morgen geboren, ich am 7. April 1945 um 5.30 Uhr am Morgen. Ich in Georgenthal bei Gotha, er in Neapel."
Translation: He was born on 7 April 1955 at 5:30 in the morning, I [was born] on 7 April 1945 at 5.30 in the morning. I at Georgenthal near Gotha, he at Naples.
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film and opera)