Saint Laurent, Yves
|Birthname||Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint-Laurent|
|born on||1 August 1936 at 19:45 (= 7:45 PM )|
|Place||Oran, Algeria, 35n43, 0w43|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°20' 22°14 Asc. 23°17'|
French-Algerian designer; in the world of fashion, a once-in-a-generation designer and pace-setter. He was an entrepreneur with his own fashion house and accessory line. The eldest of three kids, he grew up in an era of white tie and ball gowns. From an upscale family, his dad managed a chain of movie theatres in Algeria and his mom was a homemaker. His dad died in 1988. A child prodigy, shy, with myopic blue eyes peering out from behind wide-lensed glasses, he became an illustrator with Vogue at age of 18. He was the protégé of Christian Dior and became his successor in 1957.
He was known as an immensely private person, taut and slight of build. He was gay and had a steady but stormy relationship with his partner of 35 years, Pierre Bergé. Bergé once said of Saint-Laurent, "He was born with a nervous breakdown." Biographer Laurence Benaim wrote of his long time problem with drugs, alcohol and depression.
Brokered by French tycoon Francois Pinauot, the Gucci Group bought most of the house of Yves Saint Laurent for about $1 billion in 1999. The maestro continued to work on the haute couture, under the terms of the deal, until 7 January 2002, when he celebrated his retirement. The world-famous fashion designer died in Paris on the evening of 1 June 2008 of a brain tumour. He was 71.
- business associate/partner relationship with Gomez, Didier (born 31 January 1953)
- lover relationship with Bergé, Pierre (born 14 November 1930)
- (has as) mentor relationship with Dior, Christian (born 21 January 1905)
- role played of/by Niney, Pierre (born 13 March 1989). Notes: 2014 film, "Yves Saint Laurent"
- role played of/by Ulliel, Gaspard (born 25 November 1984). Notes: 2014 film, "Saint Laurent"
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1958 (Pierre Bergé)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1976 (Pierre Bergé)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1999 (Sold his fashion house for $1 billion)
Maison III, 2/2002, quotes B.C. given in Les Cahiers astrologiques No.73.
Bordoni quotes a French edition of Horoscope, years ago, for the same time. Lescaut quotes Cahiers for the same.
Axel Madsen, "Living for Design," 1979, states "born on a sunny morning."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Brain tumour)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Steady partner for 35 years)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Collectibles (Art)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Fashion courturier)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection