Rudolph, Archduke of Austria
|Birthname||Rudolph Johann Joseph Rainier|
|born on||8 January 1788 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°25' 23°01 Asc. 02°24'|
Archduke of Austria, Cardinal and Archbishop of Olomouc, and member of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine. He was consecrated as Archbishop of Olomouc (Olmütz) in 1819 and became cardinal in the same year. Rudolph is known for his patronage of the arts, most notably as sponsor of Ludwig van Beethoven who dedicated 14 compositions to him.
He was the youngest son of Emperor Leopold II and Maria Louisa of Spain. In 1803 or 1804, Rudolph began taking lessons in piano and composition from Beethoven. The two became friends, and Rudolph became a supporter and patron of Beethoven; their meetings continued until 1824.
He died on 24 July 1831 in Baden bei Wien at the age of 43.
- child->parent relationship with Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 5 May 1747)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Luisa, Holy Roman Empress (born 24 November 1745)
- sibling relationship with Alexander Leopold, Archduke of Austria (born 14 August 1772)
- sibling relationship with Anton Victor, Archduke of Austria (born 31 August 1779)
- sibling relationship with Ferdinando III, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 6 May 1769)
- sibling relationship with Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 12 February 1768)
- sibling relationship with Johann, Archduke of Austria (born 20 January 1782)
- sibling relationship with Joseph of Austria, Palatine of Hungary (born 9 March 1776)
- sibling relationship with Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 5 September 1771)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 13 December 1784)
- sibling relationship with Maria Amalia, Archduchess of Austria (1780) (born 15 October 1780)
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Archduchess of Austria (1770) (born 21 April 1770)
- sibling relationship with Maria Clementina, Archduchess of Austria (born 24 April 1777)
- sibling relationship with Maria Theresa, Queen Consort of Saxony (born 14 January 1767)
- (has as) recipient relationship with Beethoven, Ludwig Van (born 16 December 1770)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 23 January 1788, p. 4: "Die Erzherzoginn Großherzoginn Von Toskana, welche mit Sr, K. H. vor einiger Zeit nach Pisa gekommen war, ist daselbst am 8. d. M. um. 11 Uhr Nachts von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden, welcher der vierzehnte Sprosse dieses Königl. Hauses ist, und in der Tags darauf erfolgten Taufe die Nahmen: Rudolph, Johann, Joseph, Rainieri erhielt. Die Taufhandlung ver verrichtete der Erzbischof von Florenz, und der Kapuziner, Pater Ehrisostömus, war Pathe. Diese erfreuliche Begebenheit wurde zu Florenz durch den Donner der Kanonen angekündiget, und durch dreytägige Andachten, Gala und Freudensoste..."
[Translation: The Archduchess, who had come from Pisa with His Majesty, Grand Duke of Tuscany, on the 8th of March, at eleven o'clock at night, was happily delivered of a prince, the fourteenth child of this Royal House, and the next day was baptised with the names: Rudolph, Johann, Joseph, Rainier. The Archbishop of Florence decreed the baptism, and this delightful event was announced at Florence by the thunder of cannons, and by devotions, gala, and merry-making...].
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Archbishop)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)