|Birthname||Rops, Felicien victor Joseph|
|born on||7 July 1833 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Namur, Belgium, 50n28, 4e52|
|Timezone||LMT m4e52 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°53' 13°31 Asc. 03°20'|
Belgian symbolist painter and graphic artist who spent most of his career in Paris, where his friends included Baudelaire and Flaubert. His scenes of casual priapism are in keeping with the obsessions of his confreres in their refinement and syphilis-inspired anxieties. It is easy to spot similarities in his work with more contemporary artists, such as Carroll Dunhan of the Chapman brothers, who also depicts phalluses with a Tourette-ish frequency.
Rops died 8/23/1898, Corbeil-Essonnes, France.
- (has as) teacher relationship with Marinus, Ferdinand (born 20 August 1808)
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Doff, Neel (born 27 January 1858). Notes: painters model
Gauquelin Vol 4/1414
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Graphic design)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, eroticist)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection