|Birthname||Dwayne Douglas Johnson|
|born on||2 May 1972 at 18:02 (= 6:02 PM )|
|Place||San Leandro, California, 37n44, 122w09|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°42' 02°19 Asc. 19°51'|
American/Canadian actor, producer, and professional wrestler, also known by his ring name The Rock.
Johnson was a college football player for the University of Miami, winning a national championship on the 1991 Miami Hurricanes football team. He later played for the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League, and was cut two months into the 1995 season.
This led him to become a professional wrestler like his grandfather, Peter Maivia, and his father, Rocky Johnson (from whom he also inherited his Canadian citizenship).
Originally billed as "Rocky Maivia," he gained mainstream fame in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF/E) from 1996 to 2004 as a major figure in the company's Attitude Era, and was the first third-generation wrestler in the company's history. He returned to wrestling part-time for WWE from 2011 to 2013 and continues to make sporadic non-wrestling appearances for the company.
As of September 2015, he has had seventeen championship reigns in WWE, including ten as a world champion, winning the WWF/E Championship eight times and the WCW/World Championship twice. He won the Intercontinental Championship twice and the WWF Tag Team Championship five times. He is the sixth Triple Crown Champion in WWE history, and won the 2000 Royal Rumble.
Johnson's autobiography "The Rock Says...," co-written with Joe Layden, was published in 2000. It debuted at No. 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list and remained on the list for several weeks.
Johnson's first leading film role was in "The Scorpion King" in 2002. For this role, he was paid US $5.5 million, a world record for an actor in his first starring role. He has since appeared in several films, including "The Rundown," "The Game Plan," "Get Smart," "The Other Guys," and "Faster."
As an actor, he is perhaps best known for his portrayals of Luke Hobbs in "The Fast and the Furious" franchise. He also hosted and produced "The Hero," a reality competition series.
The Rock is considered by many to be the biggest superstar in WWE history, as well as one of the top box office draws in wrestling history.
WWE legend Hulk Hogan called The Rock "the biggest superstar in this business." 15-time world champion John Cena described him as "the biggest superstar in the history of WWE" and "the most successful WWE superstar ever". WCW icon Diamond Dallas Page described him as "the biggest star in our business, of all time".
Vince Russo, the head writer of WWE's most popular era The Attitude Era, stated: "I don't think there's ever going to be a star in the history of this business that is bigger than The Rock".
- associate relationship with Cena, John (born 23 April 1977)
- associate relationship with Chyna (born 27 December 1969)
- associate relationship with Gibson, Tyrese (born 30 December 1978). Notes: co-stars in "The Fast and the Furious"
- associate relationship with Rousey, Ronda (born 1 February 1987)
- friend relationship with Schwarzenegger, Arnold (born 30 July 1947)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 August 2001 (daughter Simone born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities December 2015 (Birth of daughter Jasmine)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Birth certificate in hand from Viktor E.
Previously this entry had the same data and the following notes: Frank C. Clifford quotes him (not May 3, not 1971 as given in some sources), son of Rocky Johnson and Ata Maivia.
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy
- Traits : Body : Race (Black and Samoan)
- Traits : Body : Size (6 ft 5 in [196 cm])
- Traits : Body : Weight (260 lb [118 kg])
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (graduated from University of Miami)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (one)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Sports : Football (college football)
- Vocation : Sports : Wrestling (Pro, TV wrestler)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (wrestling champion)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (wrestling)