|Birthname||Helene Bertha Amalie Riefenstahl|
|born on||22 August 1902 at 19:12:26 (= 7:12 PM )|
|Place||Berlin-Wedding, Germany, 52n34, 13e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°41' 11°17 Asc. 28°01'|
German film director, producer, screenwriter, editor, photographer, actress and dancer widely known for directing the Nazi propaganda film Triumph of the Will. Riefenstahl’s prominence in the Third Reich, along with her personal association with Adolf Hitler, destroyed her film career following Germany's defeat in World War II, after which she was arrested but released without any charges.
Triumph of the Will gave Riefenstahl instant and lasting international fame, as well as infamy. She directed eight films, two of which received significant coverage outside Germany. The propaganda value of her films made during the 1930s repels most modern commentators, but many film histories cite the aesthetics as outstanding. The Economist wrote that Triumph of the Will "sealed her reputation as the greatest female filmmaker of the 20th century".
In the 1970s, Riefenstahl published her still photography of the Nuba tribes in Sudan in several books such as The Last of the Nuba. Active until her death at age 101, she published marine life stills and released the marine-based film Impressionen unter Wasser in 2002.
After her death, the Associated Press described Riefenstahl as an "acclaimed pioneer of film and photographic techniques". Der Tagesspiegel newspaper in Berlin noted, "Leni Riefenstahl conquered new ground in the cinema". The BBC said her documentaries "were hailed as groundbreaking film-making, pioneering techniques involving cranes, tracking rails, and many cameras working at the same time".
- lover relationship with Doolaard, A. den (born 7 February 1901). Notes: French interpreter of the crew of "Stürme über dem Mont Blanc", one night stand in 1930.
- lover relationship with Froitzheim, Otto (born 24 April 1884). Notes: Engaged
Franz Leo Schmidli quotes Toni Bonin who rectified the time from an approximative time given by Riefenstahl's mom "between 7:00 and 7:45 p.m.".
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file has 8:20 AM, source unknown.
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (nickname: "Reichsgletscherspalte")
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 101)
- Vocation : Art : Photography
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession