Richard III, King of England
|born on||2 October 1452 Jul.Cal. (11 Oct 1452 greg.) at 09:02 (= 09:02 AM )|
|Place||Fotheringhay Castle, England, 52n3128, 0w2615|
|Timezone||LMT m0w2615 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°08' 28°42 Asc. 15°18'|
British royalty, the youngest son of Richard, Duke of York, and the last Yorkist king of England. Through history, accounts have named him as a monster of unparalled villainy, though some historians are less convinced of this portrayal. Upon the death of Edward IV on 4/09/1483 OS, he was named protector of 12-year-old Edward V and he took the young king and his 9-year-old brother into custody. When the two young lords disappeared, Richard was considered responsible. He usurped power, taking the throne on 6/26/1483 OS and ruled until he was slain in battle at Bosworth, Leicestershire on 8/22/1485 OS.
Shakespeare presented Richard III as a hunchback, a view which is not supported by evidence though one shoulder was higher than the other.
In 2012, an archaeological excavation was conducted on a city council car park on the site once occupied by Greyfriars, Leicester. The University of Leicester confirmed on 4 February 2013 that a skeleton found in the excavation was, beyond reasonable doubt, that of Richard III, based on a combination of evidence from radiocarbon dating, comparison with contemporary reports of his appearance, and a comparison of his mitochondrial DNA with two matrilineal descendants of Richard III's eldest sister, Anne of York. He was re-buried in Leicester (his skeleton was found in the underground, in the centre of the town).
- sibling relationship with Anne of York (born 10 August 1439 Jul.Cal. (19 Aug 1439 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Edmund, Earl of Rutland (born 17 May 1443 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1443 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Edward IV, King of England (born 28 April 1442 Jul.Cal. (7 May 1442 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth, Duchess of Suffolk (born 22 April 1444 Jul.Cal. (1 May 1444 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Henry of York (born 10 February 1441 Jul.Cal. (19 Feb 1441 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Margaret of York (born 3 May 1446 Jul.Cal. (12 May 1446 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Plantagenet, George (born 21 October 1449 Jul.Cal. (30 Oct 1449 greg.))
- role played of/by Cumberbatch, Benedict (born 19 July 1976). Notes: 2016 TV series, "The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses"
- Death by War or Terrorism 22 August 1485 Jul.Cal. (31 Aug 1485 greg.) (Slain in battle)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Great Publicity 4 February 2013 in Leicester (the remains of his body were discovered and identified)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey in the British "Astrological Journal" Spring/1967, "Time deduced from a 1452 account in Latin, October 2, 1452 OS, 9:15 AM LAT. "
(Penfield Collection gives the same date with 9:00 AM as a spec time. In Mercury Hour 1/1990, he gave 7:00 AM as spec.)
Wilhelmi Worcestrii Annales Vol. II pg. 477, gives the date 2 October 1452, and Joannis Rossi Antiquarii Warwicensis Historia Regum Angliae, pg. 215 gives Scorpio Ascendant. See [] where forum members Pamela Young and 'Red Bull' pointed out inconsistencies in an earlier version of these source notes.
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide serial (Portrayed as murderous villain)
- Vocation : Military : Killed
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Usurped the throne)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)