|born on||7 November 1876 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Roanne, France, 46n02, 4e04|
|Timezone||LMT m4e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°27' 29°16 Asc. 20°45'|
French Fauvist artist whose work was influenced by Paul Gauguin and Paul Cézanne.
Puy studied architecture at the École nationale des beaux-arts de Lyon and painting with Jean-Paul Laurens at l'Académie Julian between 1897 and 1898. He met Henri Matisse and other like-minded artists when he transferred to the l'Académie Carrière in 1899. He exhibited his work in 1901, then in an Impressionist style, at the Salon des Indépendants; later, as a Fauvist, he exhibited at the 1905 Salon d'Automne.
He died in Roanne on 6 March 1960, aged 83.
- friend relationship with Derain, André (born 17 June 1880)
- friend relationship with Marquet, Albert (born 27 March 1875)
- friend relationship with Matisse, Henri (born 31 December 1869)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Carriere, Eugene (born 16 January 1849)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Laurens, Jean-Paul (born 28 March 1838)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Moreau, Gustave (born 6 April 1826)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate (acte n° 647) from the online Loire archives. Marriage, divorce and death data in margin.
Same birth data in Gauquelin vol 4.
Wikipedia has 8 November in error.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)