|born on||9 August 1939 at 17:15 (= 5:15 PM )|
|Place||Scandiano, Italy, 44n36, 10e43|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°10' 01°45 Asc. 06°03'|
Italian politician and educator, he became Prime Minister in 2006. Prodi was a university professor who became President of IRI in 1982 and the Counsel of Italian-American Relations in 1983. Moving into the industrial executive positions from 1983, Prodi continued his professorships at various universities but also sat on numerous management boards, the editor of "Energia e Industria" and two other quarterly publications and member of executive scientific committees on geopolitics. He is the recipient of awards and holds an Honorary Fellowship to the London School of Economics and Political Sciences.
In 1999, after a nomination from the European Council, he was chosen President of the European Commission.
In 2005 Romano Prodi became president of the "Unione", Italy's centre-left parties' coalition. In October 2005, he won political leadership of the "Unione" and was positioned to be "Ulivo" 's main candidate for the April 2006 political elections.The election was close and the sitting Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, hotly contested the results, but eventually ceded the post to Prodi. On May 17, 2006, at the bidding of the country's president a new government was formed, with Prodi as Prime Minister.
Prodi has degrees in economics with postgraduate studies from the London School of Economics. He is married with two kids.
- sibling relationship with Prodi, Paolo (born 3 October 1932)
- sibling relationship with Prodi, Vittorio (born 19 May 1937)
- Work : New Career 1982 (Party president, IRI)
- Work : New Job 1983 (Counsel of Italian-American Relations)
- Work : New Career 1983 (Industrial executive)
Bordoni quotes B.C. Vol 4
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Honorary Fellowship)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management (Sits on numerous boards)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (University professor)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Party president)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor of two quarterly publications)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award