|born on||19 March 1946 at 10:15 (= 10:15 AM )|
|Place||Oakland, California, 37n48, 122w16|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°32' 20°58 Asc. 18°21'|
American singer, one of four sisters who made their mark across the spectrum from soul to scat, country, jazz and pop, R&B singers and songwriters. The girls, Ruth, born in 1946, Anita, 1948, Bonnie, 1953 and June, 1954, began singing along with their two older brother in the choir in an Oakland church where their folks were both ministers. They had a strict Christian upbringing and their folks had to learn about show biz along with their girls, becoming more tolerant as they grew older.
The Pointer Sisters signed a record label in 1973 and moved into major TV shows. Their first LP went gold in 1974, they were moving on their own momentum. They didn't know much at first about contracts and clubs and during their first years when they lived on the road they usually came home broke. They kept on as they loved to sing and loved to perform.
Bonnie went solo in 1978 and the other three stayed working as The Pointer Sisters. Their hits accumulated during the '80s along with two Grammy awards. They signed with RCA Records in 1985 with a platinum debut album, "Contact." Their LP "Serious Slammin'" came out in 1988.
Ruth married and had three kids, born in 1965, 1966 and 1978; divorced. After 15 years of substance abuse, she got off booze and drugs in 1985. In 1990, she married 36-year-old Michael Sayles. As she'd had tubal legation years ago, she got pregnant with a donor egg and her husband's sperm. Their test-tube twins, a boy and girl named Conor and Ali, arrived six weeks prematurely on 7/17/1993.
- sibling relationship with Pointer, June (born 30 November 1953)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1973 (Signed a record contract)
- Work : Gain social status 1974 (Gold Album)
- Social : Left group 1978 (Left the group and went solo)
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1985 (Off booze and drugs after 15 years)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1985 (Signed with RCA Records)
- Relationship : Marriage 1990 (Michael Sayles)
- Death of Sibling 11 April 2006 in Los Angeles (June Pointer, cancer, age 52)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Tubal ligation/ Vasectomy (Tubal ligation)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of six)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Strict Christian upbringing)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Fertility problems (Surrogate egg, husbands sperm, test-tube twins)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Boy and a girl twins)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Sang with her sisters)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Pointer Sisters)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Solo albums)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women