Philipp, Prince of Eulenburg
|Birthname||Philipp Friedrich Alexander Graf zu Eulenburg|
|born on||12 February 1847 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Königsberg, Russian Federation, 54n43, 20e30|
|Timezone||LMT m20e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°54' 07°29 Asc. 14°09'|
German diplomat and composer who achieved considerable influence as the closest friend of Kaiser Wilhelm II. He was the central member of the so-called Liebenberg Circle, a group of artistically minded German aristocrats within Wilhelm's entourage. Eulenburg played an important role in the rise of Bernhard von Bülow, but fell from power in 1907 due to the Harden–Eulenburg affair when he was accused of the then crime of homosexuality.
On 20 November 1875, at Stockholm, Eulenburg married Augusta Sandels (Stockholm, 12 May 1853 – Liebenberg, 14 December 1941). They had eight children.
Although he was married, Eulenburg was connected in homosexual liaisons with members of the Kaiser's inner circle, including Count Kuno von Moltke, the military commander of Berlin. Sources say that he continued to have homosexual relationships even after the marriage. The public exposure of these liaisons in 1906 led to the Harden-Eulenburg Affair.
Eulenburg died on 17 September 1921, aged 74, in Liebenberg, Germany.
- associate relationship with Hirschfeld, Magnus (born 14 May 1868)
- friend relationship with de Gobineau, Arthur (born 14 July 1816)
- friend relationship with Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany (born 27 January 1859)
Sy Scholfield quotes from the biography, Philipp zu Eulenburg: sein Leben und seine Zeit by Reinhold Conrad Muschler (F.W. Grunow, 1930), p. 20: "Zwischen beide Staatsaktionen fiel am 12. Februar 1847 die Geburt Philipps zu Eulenburgs, des späteren Fürsten. Um sechs Uhr morgens erblickte er in Königsberg in der Königsstraße Nr. 63 das Licht der Welt."
(Abridged translation: Philipp of Eulenburg, later Prince, was born on 12 February 1847. He saw the light of day at six o'clock in the morning at No. 63 Königsstraße in Konigsberg).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Homosexual scandal)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Eulenburgs)