|Birthname||Thomas Earl Petty|
|born on||20 October 1950 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Gainesville, Florida, 29n39, 82w20|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°57' 00°36 Asc. 09°19'|
American rock musician, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer. Petty served as the lead singer of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. He was also a member and co-founder of the late 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys, and his early band Mudcrutch. Petty recorded a number of hit singles with the Heartbreakers and as a solo artist. In his career, he sold more than 80 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. In 2002, Petty was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
His interest in rock and roll music began at age ten when he met Elvis Presley. In the summer of 1961, his uncle was working on the set of Presley's film Follow That Dream in nearby Ocala, and invited Petty to come down and watch the shoot. He instantly became an Elvis Presley fan.
Petty married Jane Benyo in 1974, and they divorced in 1996. Petty and Benyo had two daughters; Adria is a director, and AnnaKim Violette an artist. Petty married Dana York on 3 June 2001.
In May 1987, an arsonist set fire to Petty's house in Encino, California. Firefighters were able to salvage the basement recording studio and the original tapes stored there, as well as his Gibson Dove acoustic guitar.
Petty spoke in 2014 of the benefits from his practice of Transcendental Meditation.
Petty suffered cardiac arrest early in the morning of October 2, 2017, and died that night at the UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica, California.
- Relationship : Marriage 1974
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1996
- Death by Heart Attack 2 October 2017 at 8:40 PM (suffered cardiac arrest early in the morning, and died that night in Santa Monica, CA)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Rick Levine sent email, quoting fellow astrologer Jane from Facebook: "I fortunately know Tom Petty's birth time. I met his father Earl Petty 1977 at a picnic in the park in Gainesville, Florida. I was still in the learning phase of Astrology then. But i had sense enough to ask him if he remembered when his son was born. Earl Petty told me that Tom was born either a few minutes before or after 5 pm est. So i use 5 pm."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (two daughters, stepson)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (lead singer of band)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Meditation
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Concerts and performances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (mulitiple)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)