|born on||13 January 1970 at 11:50 (= 11:50 AM )|
|Place||Cesena, Italy, 44n08, 12e15|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°51' 09°12 Asc. 01°11'|
Italian cyclist, 1998 Tour de France winner, found dead on February 14, 2004 in a hotel at 9:30 PM in Rimini, Italy. Tranquilizers were found by his side, but it was later revealed that he died of acute cocaine poisoning. Maybe he has been assassinated: this hypothesis is still in question.
In 1998, he won the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France back to back, the first Italian to accomplish the feat, and he became a major star. In 1999, he was disqualified when it was found that he had been using performance enhancing drugs. He won two stages of the Tour de France in 2000. Pantani was also banned in 2002 for using insulin during the previous year's Giro.
He rode in the 2003 Giro, finishing 14th, and subsequently checked into a clinic in early 2003 for treatment for his depression. He emerged after two weeks. He had become increasingly withdrawn, and he told fans in the fall, "Forget about Pantani the cyclist."
- associate relationship with Sports: Tour de France (born 1 July 1903). Notes: 1998 winner
- Work : Prize 1998 (won Tour de France and Giro d'Italia back to back)
- Work : Lose social status 1999 (disqualified for using drugs)
- Work : Lose social status 2002 (banned from racing because of drug use)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 2003 (drug rehab program for two weeks)
- Death by Accident 14 February 2004 at 9:30 PM in Rimini (Acute cocaine poisoning, age 34)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes birth certificate.
Copy of birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'Cyclisme' pdf file, p. 166.
Sy Scholfield quotes a different time of birth in Matt Rendell's book, "The Death of Marco Pantani: A Biography" (Hachette UK, 2012): "At 11.45 in the morning of 13 January 1970 Marco Pantani entered the world in Cesena."
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (performance enhancing drugs)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Vocation : Sports : Race Bikes