|Birthname||Miranda Lin Otto|
|born on||16 December 1967 at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°54' 07°22 Asc. 25°11'|
Australian actress, well known for playing Éowyn in Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy (2001-2003).
The daughter of actors Barry and Lindsay Otto, and the sister of actress Gracie Otto, Miranda began her acting career at age 18 in 1986, and has appeared in a variety of independent and major studio films. Otto made her major film debut in "Emma's War," in which she played a teenager who moves to Australia's bush country during World War II.
After a decade of critically acclaimed roles in Australian films, Otto gained Hollywood's attention during the 1990s after appearing in supporting roles in the films "The Thin Red Line" (1998) and "What Lies Beneath" (2000).
On 1 January 2003, she married actor Peter O'Brien, after the two had met while performing in "A Doll's House." Otto and O'Brien have one child, a daughter named Darcey, who was born on 1 April 2005.
In 2007, Otto starred as Cricket Stewart, the wife of a successful director, in the US television miniseries "The Starter Wife." That same year, she was cast in the American television series "Cashmere Mafia." In the series she plays Juliet Draper, a successful female executive who must rely on her friends to juggle the demands of a career and family in New York City. The series was cancelled in May 2008.
- associate relationship with Davis, Judy (born 23 April 1955). Notes: Co-star in "The Starter Wife," 2007
- role played of/by Bishop, Elizabeth (born 8 February 1911). Notes: Otto played Bishop in 2013 film, "Reaching for the Moon"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1 April 2005 (Birth of daughter, Darcey)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield notes that her birthday is given as the 16th in the media but her birth notice in the local newspaper gives the 15th (no time of birth) suggesting that she was born around midnight between these dates ("Births," Courier-Mail [Brisbane], 20 December 1967, p. 28: "OTTO. - To Barry and Lindsay (nee Clayton) a daughter, Miranda Lin, 7lb 14oz, 15-12-67 at Mater Mothers. Thanks to Doctor and nursing staff.")
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Daughter of actors Barry and Lindsay Otto)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Starter Wife," "Cashmere Mafia")