Otto, King of Greece
|Birthname||Otto Friedrich Ludwig|
|born on||1 June 1815 at 13:30 (= 1:30 PM )|
|Place||Salzburg, Austria, 47n48, 13e02|
|Timezone||LMT m13e02 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°05' 24°19 Asc. 01°12'|
Bavarian prince, the second son of King Ludwig I of Bavaria. While still a minor, he became the first modern King of Greece in 1832 under the Convention of London. He reigned until his deposition in 1862.
Otto married a beautiful and talented 17-year-old, Duchess Amalia (Amelie) of Oldenburg (21 December 1818 to 20 May 1875) in Oldenburg on 22 November 1836; the marriage did not produce an heir.
Otto died in exile in Bavaria, at Bamberg, on 26 July 1867, aged 52.
- lover relationship with Digby, Jane (born 3 April 1807)
- child->parent relationship with Ludwig I, King of Bavaria (born 25 August 1786)
- sibling relationship with Adalbert, Prince of Bavaria (1828) (born 19 July 1828)
- sibling relationship with Adelgunde Auguste, Princess of Bavaria (born 19 March 1823)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Amalie, Princess of Bavaria (born 26 August 1826)
- sibling relationship with Hildegard, Princess of Bavaria (born 10 June 1825)
- sibling relationship with Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria (born 12 March 1821)
- sibling relationship with Mathilde Caroline, Grand Duchess of Hesse (born 30 August 1813)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian II, King of Bavaria (born 28 November 1811)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Das städtische Museum in Salzburg" [The Municipal Museum in Salzburg] by Maria Vinzenz Süss (Duyle, 1844), p. 115: "Am 1. Juni 1815, um 2 Uhr Nachmittags, in der hiesigen Sommerresidenz geboren, und am 2. Juni, um halb 2 Uhr Nachmittags, in der hiesigen Domkirche getauft." (Translation: Born on 1 June 1815 at 2 o'clock in the afternoon in the local summer residence, and on 2 June at 1:30 in the afternoon baptized in the local cathedral).
On 6 February 2017, Scholfield changed the time from 2pm to 1:30pm (and the rating from B to A), having forwarded news report from "Baierische National-Zeitung," 5 June 1815, p. 1: "München, den 4. Juni. Am verstoffenen Freitag erbielt Sr. Maj. der König die frohe Nachricht aus Salzburg, daß der Kronprinzessin Königl. Hoheit am 1. um halb 2 Uhr Nachmittags von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden ist, welchem T?s darauf bei der heil. Taufe die Namen Otto Friedrich Ludwig beigelegt wurden." (Munich, 4 June. On Friday, His Majesty the King gave the glad news from Salzburg that the Crown Prince, On the 1st, at half-before-two [one-thirty] o'clock in the afternoon, was happily delivered of a prince, who was baptised with the names of Otto Friedrich Ludwig).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)