Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy
|Birthname||Jacqueline Janet Lee Bouvier|
|born on||28 July 1929 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Southampton, New York, 40n53, 72w23|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°10' 25°36 Asc. 17°58'|
American First Lady, wife of US President John F. Kennedy. A socialite, noted public figure in her own right, and publisher, she was married and widowed twice to two of the world's most powerful men.
Raised with advantage and culture, she became a journalist. She married the young Senator, John F. Kennedy on 12 September 1953. In 1955 she had a miscarriage and in 1956, a still-born baby. On 3 August 1957 her beloved dad died, Black Jack Bouvier. On 27 November 1957, their daughter Caroline was born, and son John on 25 November 1960. On 7 August 1963, their son Patrick was born and lived 39 hours; three months later her husband was assassinated, 22 November 1963 in Dallas, TX.
Mrs. Kennedy's primary concern was now the welfare of her two children. In early 1964 she moved to New York. She was conversant in four languages and familiar with world travel.
On 20 October 1968 she married Aristotle Onassis, the world's richest man. The American public were critical, feeling that she should remain an icon of the grieving widow, but she had her children away from the feeding frenzy of the press, with a future that was financially secure. However, she and Onassis had different tastes and drifted apart. He died on 15 March 1975.
Returned to New York, JKO cast about to find fulfilling work, and located in September 1975 with Viking Press for two years as an Assistant Editor. She then moved to Doubleday where she conscientiously brought in prestigious writers, working three days a week.
In approximately 1977 she began a long term, discreet relationship with financier Maurice Tempelsman, who later moved into her 15-room apartment overlooking Central Park.
JKO was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer in January, 1994 and began chemotherapy. Her days were filled with yoga in the morning, walks, family, cultural and philanthropic interests. Unpretentious and private, she was noted for charm, graciousness, kindness and in a word, class.
The end came quickly; she died on 19 May 1994, at 10:15 PM EDT, in New York, surrounded by her beloved people and books at home. She left a post-Onassis fortune estimated at some $200 million and a legacy of grace. She was buried at Arlington cemetery next to John F. Kennedy.
- associate relationship with Mortality: Assassination of John F. Kennedy (born 22 November 1963). Notes: Rode in 2nd car
- friend relationship with Cassini, Oleg (born 11 April 1913)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Callas, Maria (born 3 December 1923)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Caroline (born 27 November 1957)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, John F. Jr. (born 25 November 1960)
- parent->child relationship with Kennedy, Patrick B. (born 7 August 1963)
- spouse relationship with Kennedy, John F. (born 29 May 1917). Notes: Happy
- spouse relationship with Onassis, Ari (born 20 January 1906)
- sibling relationship with Radziwill, Lee (born 3 March 1933)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Tempelsman, Maurice (born 26 August 1929)
- other kin relationship with Schlossberg, Rose (born 25 June 1988). Notes: Grandmother
- role played of/by Goodwin, Ginnifer (born 22 May 1978). Notes: 2013 TV film, "Killing Kennedy"
- role played of/by Holmes, Katie (born 18 December 1978)
- role played of/by McKinnon, Casey (born 13 March 1978). Notes: 2016 play "The Tragedy of JFK (as told by Wm. Shakespeare)"
- role played of/by Portman, Natalie (born 9 June 1981). Notes: Portman played Onassis in 2016 film, "Jacky"
- Relationship : Marriage 12 September 1953 at 12:00 noon in Newport, RI (John F. Kennedy)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job September 1975 (Began job with Viking Press as Associate Editor)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1978 (Job with Doubleday as Editor)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 20 November 1993 (Fall from horse, knocked unconscious, hospitalized overnight)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical diagnosis January 1994 (Diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frances McEvoy quotes her to mutual friends, data not released until after her death.
In October 2015, S.C. provided a copy of the birth certificate which does not record the time of birth. In September 2015, S.C. wrote: "Southampton Hospital (birth place) found a set of her records  and donated them to the John F. Kennedy Library. The documents include a baby monitor chart showing July 28, 1929 and 5:00 PM. E-mail to the John F. Kennedy Library for clarification received response the donated records and its information are closed to public." At least one news report interpreted this time of 5pm as the birth time. However, as S.C. has noted, "5:00 PM on the baby monitor sheet is presented indeterminately (i.e. is 5:00 PM her birth time or just the time hospital staff began to monitor her on the day she was born?)." Sy Scholfield received S.C.'s communications and believes that the latter is most likely. If she was born at 2:30pm (as quoted by McEvoy) then she may well have not been monitored by the nursing staff until 5pm.
Biography: Sarah Bardford, "America's Queen: The Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis"
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (one of the most beautiful women in the 20th Century)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Breathy voice)
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lymphoma)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Private schools, social register)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (17 years with companion Maurice Templesman)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Onassis 28 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Both husbands)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Both husbands randy men)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Kennedy assassinated)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Twice)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages (A miscarriage, a stillbirth)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Did a good job)
- Family : Parenting : Hardship - Little money (Continual media coverage)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Both kids did well)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage ($26 million from Onassis)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Publisher)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Public poise (Always in public eye)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Social skills
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Outstanding newsfigure)
- Notable : Famous : Socialite
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women