|Birthname||Mark William James O'Toole|
|born on||16 January 1964 at 00:20 (= 12:20 AM )|
|Place||Liverpool, England, 53n25, 2w55|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°54' 08°10 Asc. 18°15'|
British rock musician, a bass-guitarist with the group "Frankie Goes to Hollywood," along with Paul Rutherford. Popular in the London gay scene, the group released the LP "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" in 1984.
Raised as one of six kids in a Catholic family in Liverpool, Mark had little interest in school. He excelled in sports, loving cricket, athletics and football, which he captained, but which he left forever at 16, after breaking a shin playing football. From then on, music filled his days.
His first band was formed when he was 12, the youngest member, and they played pubs and social clubs locally. As the boys practiced in the garden and the shed, the neighbors complained for years. After that Mark was in a number of bands, some with his brothers, before he formed a group with Peter Gill, later to become Frankie’s drummer.
By the time Mark finished school, the band began favoring outrageous dress and an atrocious appearance. Mark’s brother, Jed, was still the guitarist and Paul Ruterford as their singer, and Holly, wearing nothing but a G-string. Mark was holding a fulltime job when the group began to get media attention. Suddenly the five hip scallies from Liverpool were big news.
- business associate/partner relationship with Johnson, Holly (born 9 February 1960). Notes: Band mates in Frankie Goes To Hollywood
- business associate/partner relationship with Rutherford, Paul (born 8 December 1959). Notes: Band mates in Frankie Goes To Hollywood
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 24 October 1983 ("Relax", first single released)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
David Fisher quotes Belinda Lee from O’Toole.
(Rockopedia, Guinness, 1998, p.162 gives Jan 6, 1964, Liverpool.)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Six kids)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Excelled in sports)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Raised Catholic)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass-guitar, drums)