|Birthname||Charles Patrick Ryan O'Neal|
|born on||20 April 1941 at 09:34 (= 09:34 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°14' 26°06 Asc. 09°34'|
American actor on screen and TV after first working as a movie stuntman. He gained attention as the sexy star of ABC's "Peyton Place" from 1964-1969. O'Neal charmed audiences in such films as Erich Segal's tear-jerker "Love Story," 1970, with Ali McGraw (for which he was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar) and "Paper Moon," 1973, in which he co-starred with his 10-year-old daughter, Tatum (who won a special Oscar for her performance). He also appeared in a number of TV series. As he progressed into the $3 million a film class, O'Neal invested in real estate to expand his fortune to an estimated $20 million.
Ryan was the older son of a scriptwriter and an actress. His brother Kevin became a TV performer. The family traveled a great deal and as a kid, he lived in Mexico, the British West Indies, England and Germany. He recalls his youth as happy years, fun-loving, lazy, carefree, along with having an easy chip on his shoulder. He once spent 51 days in jail for assault and battery at a New York party, 1960. While in Germany, he began work as a stunt man and extra for seven months, after which he returned to Hollywood determined to be an actor. His big acting break was in a TV series, "Empire," which premiered on 9/25/1962. It folded after 32 episodes but led to the outstandingly popular "Peyton Place."
He was married to actress Joanna Moore from 1963-1967; their daughter Tatum was born in 11/1963 and their son Griffin was born in 10/1965. After O'Neal and Moore split in 1967, he was married to "Peyton Place" co-star Leigh Taylor-Young for five years; they had one son, Patrick. In the fall of 1979, Farrah Fawcett moved into his beach front Malibu home, competing with Tatum for his attention. He was noted for his quick temper, and their relationship was volatile at times. Nevertheless, they maintained their relationship for 17 years and had a son, Redmond, in January 1985. On 2/22/1997, they made a joint announcement that it was the end of their road together.
In early May 2001, he announced that he was battling chronic myelogenous leukemia, and he is doing very well. In 2006 the semi-retired actor helped to care for his ex-wife Farrah Fawcett as she battled cancer. Late in the year he returned as a working actor to appear in a popular TV series "Bones."
On February 2, 2007, emergency officials were summoned to the actor’s home in Malibu, CA. He had allegedly assaulted his son Griffin with a gun. Neither O’Neal was seriously hurt but Ryan was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. He was released on $50,000 bond; charges were dropped in May 2007.
- parent->child relationship with O'Neal, Griffin (born 28 October 1964)
- parent->child relationship with O'Neal, Patrick (born 14 September 1967)
- parent->child relationship with O'Neal, Redmond (born 30 January 1985)
- parent->child relationship with O'Neal, Tatum (born 5 November 1963)
- spouse relationship with Taylor-Young, Leigh (born 25 January 1945). Notes: Bitter
- spousal equivalent relationship with Fawcett, Farrah (born 2 February 1947)
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Perpetration 1 January 1960 (Jail for assault and battery)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 25 September 1962 (Debut of TV series Empire)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1963 (Joanna Moore)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities November 1963 (Daughter Tatum born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1964 (Peyton Place)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1965 (Son Griffin born)
- Work : End Major Project 1969 (Peyton Place)
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Perpetration 1981 (Spent two months in jail)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 2001 (Leukemia)
B.C. in hand from Robert Paige. (Gauquelin Book of American Charts gives PM in error)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Quick tempered, violent)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukemia)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (17 years with Farrah Fawcett)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Married known actresses)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Daughter received Oscar)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (Estimated $20 million)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property (Real estate investments)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery (Gets into fights)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (51 days, assault and battery)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Other Entertainment (Stunt man)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book