|Birthname||Norquist, John Olof|
|born on||22 October 1949 at 10:45 (= 10:45 AM )|
|Place||Princeton NJ, USA, 40n20, 74w39|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°54' 09°46 Asc. 21°44'|
American politician, the 37th mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1988. Norquist is the author of "The Wealth of Cities," 1998.
He attended the University of Wisconsin where he earned his undergraduate and Master’s degrees, and from 1971-77, he served in the Army Reserves. Norquist began his political career when he represented areas of Milwaukee in the Wisconsin Legislature. He was later elected to Democratic leadership positions in the State Assembly and State Senate. He is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Milwaukee School of Architecture and Urban Planning as well as at Marquette University. Norquist is widely recognized for his leadership skills, and "Governing" magazine named him Public Official of the Year in 1998.
Committed to overturning conventional political thinking, Norquist thinks "outside of the box," and while his unorthodox style has earned him some enemies, he is praised for the sweeping changes he has made in Milwaukee government. His mantra is "outcomes, not inputs," and he says you must know what you believe in, know why you believe it, come up with your own clearly stated plan and pursue it single-mindedly.
Norquist is married to Susan Mudd, State Director of Citizens for a Better Environment. They have one son, Benjamin.
- Work : Gain social status 1988 (Mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Wrote "The Wealth of Cities")
- Social : Joined group 1971 (Army reserves, seven years)
- Work : Prize 1998 (Public Official of the Year)
B.C. in hand from Stephen Przybylowski
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Mayor)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Army reserves)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Associate professor)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Public Official of the Year)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Traits : Personality : Juggles lots at once (Willing to make changes)