|Birthname||John Joseph Nicholson, Jr.|
|born on||22 April 1937 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Neptune, New Jersey, 40n13, 74w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°06' 29°03 Asc. 01°43'|
American actor and recognized major star after a number of years of playing lesser roles. He is known for cynical, sadistic roles and for being smug and sexist to the core. Nicholson is also supremely talented, uncommonly insightful, and totally absorbing on-screen. He was worth more than $150 million by age 59 and was able, at that time, to choose projects according to his whim. With the charisma of star-personality, he has been nominated for the Oscar ten times and won as Best Actor for "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 1975 and "As Good As It Gets" in 1998. He was also voted the Best Supporting Actor for "Terms of Endearment." His films include "Easy Rider," "Carnal Knowledge," "Chinatown" and "A Few Good Men."
Nicholson had a murky genealogy; the woman he thought was his sister was actually his mother, 17 years old and a showgirl with the renowned Earl Carroll Dancers who had a love affair with an older man, 27-year-old Don Furcillo, (b. 5/13/1936.) When June became pregnant, her mother claimed that the child was her own with her husband John. The pact was made of a conspiracy of silence. It was not until Jack Nicholson was 37 years of age, the year 1974, that he learned that his sister June was his mother. She was gone by then, having died of cancer in 1963 at age 44. His birth father also died of cancer in 1997.
From the beginning, the adorable little boy was surrounded by women and the adoration of women -- his mother Mud, his older sisters, June, 18 years his senior and Lorraine, older by 16, grandmother Ella, and, of course, the beauty parlor contingent, the cacophony of women in and out of the house. He chanced upon film at age 17 during a trip to California. Starting out as an office boy at MGM's cartoon department, he studied acting for stage roles and in TV soap operas. In 1958 he made a debut in a Roger Corman quickie, "The Cry Baby Killer," followed by a series of Corman vehicles for sex and violence, horror and action. "Easy Rider," 1969, was his breakthrough film.
He began to emerge for structured, layered performances that were gripping, holding the attention of his audience. Jack smokes incessantly. He went through an intense drug period, all the way from "Rider" to "Hoffa," including the use of LSD, but he gave that up after waking up in a tree one morning. Starting in 1971, Jack directed several films with modest distinction.
After an early marriage to Sandra Knight, 1962-'67, he and Angelica Huston were a couple for 13 years until the relationship ended in 1986. He eventually married his pregnant girlfriend, Rebecca Broussard, and they had two kids; daughter Lorraine was born on 4/16/1990 and son Raymond 2/20/1992. After the end of this relationship, he had a year-long relationship with Lara Flynn Boyle that ended in September 2000.
On Oscar night, 3/23/2003, Jack stood up for his role in "About Schmidt."
- friend relationship with Caine, Michael (born 14 March 1933). Notes: Friends from 1966
- friend relationship with Fitzpatrick, Kate (born 1 October 1947)
- friend relationship with Polanski, Roman (born 18 August 1933)
- friend relationship with Stanton, Harry Dean (born 14 July 1926)
- parent->child relationship with Nicholson, Lorraine (born 16 April 1990)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Huston, Anjelica (born 8 July 1951)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1973 (Began living with Anjelica Huston)
- Social : Secrets revealed 1974 (Learned that his older sister was his mom)
- Work : Prize 1975 (Best Actor Oscar)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1986 (With Angelica Houston)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 16 April 1990 (Birth of daughter)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 20 February 1992 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Son Raymond born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Law suit 22 September 1999 at 12:00 noon in Los Angeles, CA (Sued for "lost wages," car accident he caused)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Mark Johnson quotes him. Davies gave 11:20 AM "from him" in "Signs of the Stars"
Biography: Patrick McGilligan, "Jack's Life: A Biography of Jack Nicholson," 1994.
His website states, "His birth remains an enigma. There is, in fact, no Certificate of Birth, only a Certificate of a Delayed Report of Birth, filed on May 24, 1954, when Jack was 17 years of age. Issued by the New Jersey State Department of Health, State Registrar of Vital Statistics, the document reports that John Joseph Nicholson, Jr. was born on April 22, 1937 to Ethel M. and John Joseph Nicholson in the Township and City of Neptune, County of Monmouth.
Name of Hospital or Institution where the birth occurred: None.
Location of Birth: 1410 Sixth Avenue.
The signature of the affiant is Ethel M. Nicholson, age 56 -- Relationship to Child: Mother -- whose own address at the time of birth is reported as 1410 Sixth Avenue, Neptune, New Jersey.
The document attests that her infant son, John Joseph Nicholson, Jr., was born at home.
In point of fact, John Joseph Nicholson, Jr. was born at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York City and since no record of this event is to be found in New York City birth archives, it is likely that he was born, his father was to speculate, under a cousin's name.
For the record, Jack Nicholson does not exist."
Starkman rectified it to 19.36.14 EST, New York.
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Sexist)
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Raised with sister who was actually his mom)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (13 years with Angelica Huston)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many lovers)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Lawsuit sued (Two car accidents)
- Personal : Birth : Illegitimate birth
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book