Nature: Earthquake Chile: 2010
|born on||27 February 2010 at 06:34 (= 06:34 AM )|
|Place||San Vicente de Tagua-Tagua, Chile, 34s26, 71w05|
|Astrology data||08°33' 18°25 Asc. 19°00'|
Chilean earthquake of 8.8 magnitude. The earthquake triggered several aftershocks, some of significant size. The body count exceeded 700 people as of the third day afterward as well as significant damage to nearby cities and towns, particularly coastal areas. In addition to tremors, a tsunami warning went out across the Pacific and at least one wave surge buried coastal areas of Chile.
The earthquake shifted the earth's axis and some scientists calculate that the day has shortened by the miniscule amount of 1.26 microseconds.
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1647 (born 14 May 1647 (greg.))
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1965 (born 28 March 1965)
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chillan 1939 (born 25 January 1939)
- compare to chart of Nature:Talca earthquake (born 1 December 1928)
- Mundane : Earthquake 27 February 2010 at 06:34 AM in San Vicente de Tagua-Tagua
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT quotes USGS for time and coordinates as shown here; earthquake's epicenter was near Maule, Chile.Dates are in UTC.
- Mundane : Disasters : Natural Disasters