Nature:Valdivia Earthquake 1960
|born on||22 May 1960 at 15:11 (= 3:11 PM )|
|Place||near Concepcion, Chile, 38s14, 73w03|
|Timezone||AST h4w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°40' 01°08 Asc. 08°26'|
Chilean earthquake, the largest one in the world, measuring 9. 5 on the Richter Scale. The earthquake killed more than 2,000 people and injured more than 3,000 more. More than 2,000,000 people were left homeless and millions of dollars of damages were incurred, $550 million in southern Chile alone. A subsequent tsunami caused additional deaths and damage in Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines and to the west coast of the continental US.
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1575 (born 16 December 1575 Jul.Cal. (26 Dec 1575 greg.))
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1657 (born 15 March 1657 (greg.))
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1751 (born 25 May 1751)
- compare to chart of Nature:Earthquake Chile 1837 (born 7 November 1837)
Paul Yancey quotes USGS.
- Mundane : Disasters : Natural Disasters