Mohammed VI, King of Morocco
|born on||21 August 1963 at 10:40 (= 10:40 AM )|
|Place||Rabat, Morocco, 34n02, 6w51|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°40' 22°51 Asc. 27°00'|
Moroccan king, who ascended to the throne on 23 July 1999 upon the death of his father, King Hassan II.
Mohammed obtained his PhD in law with distinction on 29 October 1993 from the French University of Nice Sophia Antipolis for his thesis on "EEC-Maghreb Relations". On 12 July 1994, he was promoted to the military rank of Major General, and that same year he became President of the High Council of Culture and Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Moroccan Army.
He speaks Arabic, English, Spanish and French.
Mohammed married Salma Bennani (now H.R.H. Princess Lalla Salma) in Rabat. Bennani was granted the personal title of Princess with the style of Her Royal Highness on her marriage. They have two children – Crown Prince Moulay Hassan, who was born on 8 May 2003, and Princess Lalla Khadija, who was born on 28 February 2007.
- parent->child relationship with Moulay Hassan, Crown Prince of Morocco (born 8 May 2003)
- child->parent relationship with Hassan II, King of Morocco (born 9 July 1929)
Didier Geslain quotes André Barbault, source not given. Sy Scholfield quotes from "Mohammed VI: un style de gouvernement" by Issa Babana El Alaoui (Souffles, 2003), p. 27: "Sa Majesté le roi Mohammed VI est née le mercredi 21 août 1963, à 10 h 40, à Rabat." Scholfield also quotes from "Hassan II Gets Heir To Moroccan Throne," Chicago Daily Defender, 22 August 1963, p. 30: "A 10-gun salute began at 6:45 A.M. EDT Wednesday." This confirms the time because 6:45am EDT equals 10:45am GMT.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Moroccan royals)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter, one son)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Fundamentalist/ Islam (Sunni Islam)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Alaouite)