|born on||4 June 1917 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°07' 27°27 Asc. 15°25'|
American operatic baritone and actor, who was also active in the musical theatre circuit. He received the National Medal of Arts in 1993.
Merrill was married briefly to soprano Roberta Peters in 1952. They parted amicably; he had two children, a son David and a daughter Lizanne, with his second wife, Marion (née Machno, d. 20 March 2010), a pianist.
He wrote two books of memoirs, Once More from the Beginning (1965) and Between Acts (1976), and he co-authored a novel, The Divas (1978).
Robert Merrill died at home in New Rochelle, New York, on 23 October 2004.
Sy Scholfield quotes Merrill's second wife Marion in "Fate Matched Musical Pair," The Evening Independent [St. Petersburg, Florida], 19 November 1976, p. 1-B: "He's Gemini with Taurus rising and I'm Scorpio with Capricorn. His moon is in Scorpio, which is me! You should see how our charts go together! It's fate!"
A speculative time of 3 AM gives mid Taurus (15 degrees) rising.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (one daughter, one son)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera (Baritone)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoirist)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction