|Birthname||Golda Meyerson, born Golda Mabovich|
|born on||2 May 1898 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1898 greg.) at 23:58 (= 11:58 PM )|
|Place||Kiev, Ukraine, 50n26, 30e31|
|Timezone||LST m30e31 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°04' 19°04 Asc. 21°35'|
A teacher, kibbutznik and politician who became the fourth Prime Minister of the State of Israel.
Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel on March 17, 1969, after serving as Minister of Labour and Foreign Minister. Israel's first and the world's third woman to hold such an office, she was described as the "Iron Lady" of Israeli politics years before the epithet became associated with British prime minister Margaret Thatcher. Former prime minister David Ben-Gurion used to call Meir "the best man in the government"; she was often portrayed as the "strong-willed, straight-talking, grey-bunned grandmother of the Jewish people."
In 1974, after the conclusion of the Yom Kippur War, Meir resigned as prime minister. She died in 1978.
- compare to chart of Nation: Israel (born 14 May 1948)
Grazia Bordoni writes by email: Well, a friend of mine is working on women's astrological portraits. She decided to study Golda Meir's chart, but we haven't her birthtime. By chance she met an ukraine girl who work in Rome, this girl is from Kiev and has a brother who lives in Kiev, the girl called his brother who went to the Register Office... and obtained Golda Meir's birthtime! (3 May 1898, 16:00, Kiev)
On 25-apr-2012 she added: I'm really disapponted, but it seems I sent wrong data about Golda Meir. What happened? The ukraine girl's brother went to Register Office in Kiev and asked sveral birthtimes (to get several horoscopes!). Informing his sister he mixed up birthtimes (I could kill him for this), so now he rectified and says Golda Meir was born two minutes before midnight. The correct data could be: Kiev, 2nd May 1898, 23.58 (11.58 p.m.).
The wording of the message Bordoni received about the Kiev contact:
"I spoke again with with the cousin who lives in Kiev, and he confirms that he went to the registry, and to have seen the entry for Golda Meir with 23:58 2nd of May. They wanted to give him a copy but he did not take it, and I (Bordoni's contact) made a mistake by not having asked him to get it. He also says that he spoke to relatives of Gold Mair in Kiev, who consider her like an icon. They remember that Gold's mother told that story, that two minutes after the birth the bells of the church tower announced midnight. "
atr: This means we have a double statement: by the mother, and by the registry (if all this is true), giving the same information. To remain careful, we keep RR at C for now, and hope to get a registry copy at some point.
On 19 July 2012, Isaac Starkman wrote from Tel Aviv:
Maria Chistyakova, an astrologer from Moscow wrote me:
- 1 There is no Register Office with birth time of Persons who was born more than 100 years ago. (Russia is not England)
- 2. The family of Golda was VERY poor. Who was interested in registration of their birth time? It's unreal.
- 3. The history of Kiev is terrible. It was destroyed (60%) when German Army came.
- 4. In 1941-1943 over 70,000 Jews were murdered in Baby Yar and other places near Kiev. I read that all relatives of Golda’s family died. (Having regards that the family leaved Kiev in 1903!) Who and when can speak with Golda’s mother??? And it's very doubtful that Mother can remember the bell in her condition and that the bell can ring in midnight.
- 5. In 1948 before Golda was appointed to the position of ambassador in USSR, there was the request to the Kiev Synagogue registration books about any information of Golda.
The answer was that there is no information about Golda in the period of 1897-1899.
In view of Maria's arguments, I think that the RR should be downgraded to DD!
Starkman rectified her chart to 15 May 1898 13.02.24 Asc 14Vir51'
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (Prime Minister 1969 - 1974)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure