|Birthname||Herzog, Emile Salomon Wilhelm|
|born on||26 July 1885 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Elbeuf, France, 49n17, 1e00|
|Timezone||LMT m1e00 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°54' 00°58 Asc. 10°36'|
French writer of essays and novels who wrote under the name of Emile Herzog and was best known as a biographer. Some of his works included "Ariel," "The Life of Shelley," 1924 "Desraeli," 1927 "Byron," 1930 and "Dickens," 1934. He lectured widely on both European and U.S. tours. Maurois was elected into the French Academy in 1938.
The son of a textile manufacturer, he was educated at Rouen lycee and worked in his father's factory until WW I. A few of his books were based on his experience as a liaison officer with the British army. During WW II he served first as captain in the French army attached to the British GHQ and then after a period in the U.S., he served from 1943 as part of the Allied forces in North Africa.
Maurois married Janine de Szymkiewicz in 1912 and she died in 1924. A second marriage to Simone de Caillavet was made in 1926.
He died on 10/09/1967, Paris, France.
- business associate/partner relationship with Arland, Marcel (born 5 July 1899). Notes: launched literary review journals together
- has other family relationship with Naquet, Robert (born 26 April 1923). Notes: Father-in-law / son-in-law
- Relationship : Marriage 1912 (First marriage Janine de Szymkiewicz)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1918 (First book published)
- Death of Mate 1924 (Janine died)
- Relationship : Marriage 1926 (Second marriage Simone de Caillavet)
- Work : Prize 1938 (Elected in to the French Academy)
Gauquelin Vol. 6/534
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First wife died)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Pseudonym, Emile Herzog)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW I and WW II)
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book