|Birthname||Gerald Patrick Mathers|
|born on||2 June 1948 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Sioux City, Iowa, 42n30, 96w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°31' 19°03 Asc. 27°56'|
American actor, most noted as a child star in the legendary TV series "Leave it to Beaver." His later work covered the genres of comedy, drama, crime, musicals and thrillers. His brother Jimmy was also an actor and Jerry began modeling at the age of two. He made a first TV appearance on Ed Wynn's variety show in 1950. In 1956, Mathers was first cast as all-American kid Theodore "Beaver" Clever in "It's a Small World," an unsold pilot film that did not come into airplay until a year later when it made a debut as a weekly sitcom with him as the star. He starred in 234 episodes of Beaver from 1957 through 1963, literally growing up before the eyes of the nation.
As a teenager, Mathers quit show business for nearly a decade, going to college and selling real estate.
In 1983, he starred in the "retro" made-for-TV film "Still the Beaver," which evolved into a moderately successful weekly cable series, "The New Leave It to Beaver," 1985-’89. He was playing himself: a middle-aged divorced father, wondering just what he wanted to do with the rest of his life.
In the ‘90s, Mathers did a number of personal appearances, TV guest shots, and punch line bits on Jay Leno's Tonight Show. He published an autobiography written with Herb Fagen, "And Jerry Mathers As "the Beaver" in July 1998. He speaks of his TV and real family, his struggle with dyslexia and his appreciation of living life as America's favorite kid.
- business associate/partner relationship with Dow, Tony (born 13 April 1945). Notes: Co-stars on "Leave It To Beaver"
- Work : New Career 1950 (First TV appearance)
- Work : New Career 1951 (Began modeling, age two)
- Work : New Job 1956 (Cast as Beaver in "It's a Small World")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1957 ("Leave it to Beaver" series started, seven years)
- Work : New Job 1983 (Comeback film)
- Work : New Job 1985 (TV series, "The New Leave it to Beaver," six years)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. in hand 4/2000
Biography: Irwyn Applebaum, (Intro by Jerry Mathers) "The World According to Beaver," published July 1998.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brother Jimmy also an actor)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Initially)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Real estate (For ten year interim)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Noted)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (From age eight)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearances)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Leave it to Beaver)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Co-authored)