Masako Owada, Princess
|born on||9 December 1963|
|Place||Tokyo, Japan, 35n42, 139e46|
|Timezone||JST h9e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°18' or|
Japanese royalty with her marriage to Prince Naruhito.
When they met at a 1986 palace reception, he reportedly knew that Masako was the one for him. Unfortunately, she was on her way to Oxford, from where he had just returned, and it was five years before they married on 9 June 1993.
Masako is the eldest of three girls born to Hisashi, a vice Foreign Minister. She was a budding scholar, diplomat and career woman, and she did not consent to marriage until she had completed her education. On 12 December 1992 she agreed to marry Naruhito, known affectionately as Hito, and their engagement was announced on 19 January 1993. Since then, she spent four mornings a week taking lessons in topics that ranged from Constitutional law to classical poetry, as required for imperial brides.
By 1998, they had not yet produced a male heir for the Chrysanthemum Throne. Hito's younger brother, Prince Fumihito, had only daughters and a son is necessary to continue the dynasty that has run unbroken for 26 centuries. Masako has a miscarriage in December 1999 and hopes were again high in April 2001 when news was released that she was again expecting. No potential heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne has been born since 1972.
- parent->child relationship with Aiko, Princess (born 1 December 2001)
- spouse relationship with Naruhito, Prince of Japan (born 23 February 1960)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1 December 2001 (Birth of daughter Aiko)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes news media for data; time unknown
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Oxford, plus royal training)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad a diplomatic minister)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Prince Naruhito)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Fertility problems
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Imperial House of Japan)