|Birthname||Ferdinand Joseph Bernard Marinus|
|born on||20 August 1808 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Antwerp, Belgium, 51n13, 4e25|
|Timezone||LMT m4e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°36' 14°16 Asc. 27°44'|
Belgian painter who specialized in the depiction of Mosan landscapes. In April 1835, the administrators of the city of Namur entrusted to him the directorship of the new local painting academy. The establishment opened its doors on 23 November of that year and Marinus taught many artists and artisans for nearly half a century. His noted pupils included Jean-Baptiste Kindermans, Joseph Quinaux, François Roffiaen, and Félicien Rops. The latter painted his portrait.
Ferdinand Marinus died on 6 July 1890 in Namur.
- (has as) student relationship with Rops, Felicien (born 7 July 1833)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate (acte n° 1349).
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Art)