Marie Astrid, Archduchess of Austria
|Birthname||Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg|
|born on||17 February 1954 at 19:47 (= 7:47 PM )|
|Place||Betzdorf, Luxembourg, 49n4115, 6e21|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°35' 28°21 Asc. 19°25'|
Luxembourgian princess by birth and Austrian archduchess by marriage. Marie Astrid is the elder daughter and eldest child of Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg and Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium, and the wife of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria.
The archduchess studied in Luxembourg and also in Belgium. She received her diploma as a registered nurse in 1974, and finished her education in 1977, with a nursing certificate in tropical medicine from the Prince Leopold Institute. She has been the President of the Red Cross for Luxembourg Youth since 1970.
On 6 February 1982 in Luxembourg she married her second cousin Archduke Carl Christian (born in Belœil, 6 February 1954) also known as Christian. They have five children.
- child->parent relationship with Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 5 January 1921)
- child->parent relationship with Joséphine Charlotte, Princess of Belgium (born 11 October 1927)
- sibling relationship with Guillaume, Prince of Luxembourg (born 1 May 1963)
- sibling relationship with Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 16 April 1955)
- sibling relationship with Jean, Prince of Luxembourg (born 15 May 1957)
- sibling relationship with Margaretha, Princess of Liechtenstein (born 15 May 1957)
- other kin relationship with Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 23 January 1896). Notes: Grandkin
- Relationship : Marriage 6 February 1982 (Archduke Carl Christian of Austria)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes official royal news, "La Naissance et le Baptême de la Princesse Marie-Astrid," Bulletin de documentation by GRAND-DUCHÉ DE LUXEMBOURG, MINISTÈRE D'ÉTAT, Jan-Feb 1955, Nos. 1-2, p. 8: "Le 17 février 1954, à 19 heures 47, Son Altesse Royale Madame la Grande-Duchesse héritière a donné le jour, au'Château de Betzdorf, à une petite Princesse, Qui porte le nom de Princesse Marie-Astrid." .
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Nassau-Weilburg, Luxembourg, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine, by marriage)