Maria Luisa, Queen of Spain
|Birthname||Maria Luisa Gabriella|
|born on||17 September 1688 (greg.) at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°08' 01°36 Asc. 27°44'|
Spanish queen by marriage to Felipe V of Spain, nicknamed "La Savoyana" by her adoring subjects and well-loved in Spain. Highly mature for her age, at 14, she acted as Regent of Spain during the absence of her spouse from 1702 until 1703, and had great influence over him as his adviser, while she was herself in turn influenced by the Princesse des Ursins.
She was the third daughter and second surviving child of Victor Amadeus II, Duke of Savoy and his French-born wife Anne Marie d'Orléans, the youngest daughter of Philippe of France and Henrietta of England. Throughout her life, Maria Luisa remained close to her older sister Maria Adelaide who later married Louis, Duke of Burgundy, the eldest grandson of Louis XIV. In her youth, Maria Luisa was described as playful and fun loving and had received a good education.
Maria Luisa was wed by proxy to Felipe V on 12 September 1701 at the age of barely thirteen and was escorted to Nice, arriving there on 18 September. The official wedding took place on 2 November 1701.
Maria Luisa gave birth to the couple's first child, Infante Luis Felipe in 1707. Maria Luisa gave birth to three more children, two of whom would survive infancy. Towards the end of her life, the Queen became ill. She would die from the effects of tuberculosis at 8 AM on 14 February 1714, aged 25.
After her death, two of her sons, her youngest and oldest, were to become Kings of Spain. All of Maria Luisa's children were to die without issue, thus there are no descendants of Maria Luisa of Savoy.
- parent->child relationship with Felipe, Infante of Spain (1712) (born 7 June 1712)
- parent->child relationship with Fernando VI, King of Spain (born 23 September 1713)
- parent->child relationship with Luis I, King of Spain (born 25 August 1707)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Amedeo II, Duke of Savoy (born 14 May 1666 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Felipe V, King of Spain (born 19 December 1683 (greg.)). Notes: 1701-1714
- sibling relationship with Carlo Emanuele III, King of Sardinia (born 27 April 1701)
- sibling relationship with Marie Adélaïde of Savoy (born 6 December 1685 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Vittorio Amedeo, Prince of Piedmont (born 6 May 1699 (greg.))
- Death by Disease 14 February 1714 at 08:00 AM in Madrid (Tuberculosis, age 25)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided news report from Oprechte Haerlemsche courant, 7 October 1688, p. 1: "Turin den 18 September. Onfe Hertogin, gifter Ochtent van een Princes in 't Kraembed bevallen."
(Turin, 18 September. Our Duchess, yesterday morning was delivered of a Princess).
A time of 6 AM is speculative.
Time of death from Histoire du règne de Louis XIV, Volume 3.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Tuberculosis
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Tuberculosis)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 25)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon, Spain, by marriage)