Maria, Grand Duchess
|Birthname||Maria Nicolaevna Romanov|
|born on||26 June 1899 at 12:10 (= 12:10 PM )|
|Place||Petrodvorec, Russian Federation, 59n53, 29e54|
|Timezone||MMT h2e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°31' 13°36 Asc. 29°30'|
Russian royalty, the third daughter of Czar Nikolai (Nicholas) II and Czarina Alexandra; executed with her entire family by the Bolsheviks in the early hours of 17 July 1918 in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
Though Maria unquestionably died with her family, the exact cause of her death remains a mystery (gunshot? stabbing? struck in the face?).
Her murder at age 19 resulted in her canonization as a passion bearer by the Russian Orthodox Church.
- associate relationship with Rasputin (born 9 January 1869 Jul.Cal. (21 Jan 1869 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Alexandra, Czarina of Russia (born 6 June 1872)
- child->parent relationship with Nikolai II, Czar of Russia (born 6 May 1868 Jul.Cal. (18 May 1868 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Alexei, Czarevitch (1904) (born 12 August 1904)
- sibling relationship with Anastasia, Grand Duchess (born 18 June 1901)
- sibling relationship with Olga, Grand Duchess (born 15 November 1895)
- sibling relationship with Tatiana, Grand Duchess (born 10 June 1897)
LMR quotes "A Lifelong Passion," the letters and journals of the Romanovs, from her family records. June 14 OS.
(Bailey stated 12:00 Noon as "official bulletin" in BJA 8/1915. )
Sy Scholfield cites 12:20pm from father's diary quoted in Alexandra - die letzte Zarin by Gunna Wendt (Suhrkamp, 2014): "Am 14. Juni 1899 wurde ihre Tochter Maria geboren. ... Nikolaus schrieb an diesem »wunderbaren Abend« in sein Tagebuch: »Ein glücklicher Tag: Der Herr hat uns eine dritte Tochter gesandt. - Maria, die um 12.20 Uhr sicher geboren wurde. Mein Liebling war den ganzen Tag wohlauf und stillte die Kleine selbst.«" (Translation: On 14 June 1899 her daughter Maria was born. ... On this "wonderful evening," Nicholas wrote in his diary, "A happy day: The Lord has sent us a third daughter. - Maria, who was born safely at 12.20pm. My darling nursed the baby herself all day long").
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of five)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Executed)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 19)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Last of the house of Romanov)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov, Russia)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women