|Birthname||Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu|
|born on||17 November 1966 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°15' 20°43 Asc. 23°05'|
French actress, seen in her first English-speaking role in "Braveheart" with Mel Gibson. Marceau is one of the most popular and well-respected actresses in France and continues to grow in international fame.
Born Sophie Maupu, her father was a truck driver. She was only 14 years old when she heard that the famous French director, Claude Pinoteau, was looking for new faces to star in a romantic comedy called "La Boum." She won the role, and the film was a huge success. The brown-haired, brown-eyed sensual beauty quickly rose to teenage idol status. She had a starring role in the sequel, "La Boum 2," 1982, and was awarded the 1983 Cesar for "Most Promising Actress." Still signed to Gaumont at age 16, Marceau disliked being considered their "little pet," and stated that it was unbearable, so she borrowed enough money to buy out her contract.
In spring 1995, she directed her first short film, "L’aube a l’envers," which she wrote while filming "Braveheart," and it was well received at the Cannes Film Festival. In 1999, she had a role in "The World is Not Enough."
Nicknamed "Flatfoosie," she is an animal and nature lover and an outspoken opponent of blood sports who participates in organized protests against dove shooting and bullfighting. She detests violence in any form and has been quoted as saying, "one cannot respect life and approve of this game of death." She is active in charities for children such as "Arc-en-Ciel (Rainbow)," which helps sick children realize their dreams.
Unmarried, she lives with Andrzej Zulawski, a Polish director. He is 24 years her senior and is the father of her first child, Vincent, born on 7/24/1995.
- lover relationship with Lignac, Cyril (born 5 November 1977)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 ("La Boum 2")
- Work : Prize 1983 (Cesar)
Paddy de Jabrun quotes B.C.
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (He is 24 years her elder)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Andrzej Zulawski)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Age 14)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Animal lover)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director